Chapter 54: Unknown

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned and quickly turned it off. I rolled over in my bed. I furrowed my brows when I didn't feel his warm body next to mine. I quickly sat up and glanced around the room.

No sign of Harry.

He must have left last night. The thought made me feel slightly disappointed.

I needed to get ready for school anyway. I slid out of my bed and made my way toward the bathroom. I turned on the light and stood in front of the sink. I splashed my face with cold water and dried it off with a towel.

I brushed my teeth, followed by my hair. I applied a small amount of makeup to my face. I wanted to make myself look a little presentable today. I tried my best to get dressed. This stupid boot made it ten times harder than it needed to be. I successfully got myself dressed though.

I walked across the hall to check and see if Harry wanted to come to school today. I doubt it since he drank so much last night. He was probably hung over. I lightly knocked on the door to check and see if he was awake. When I received no answer I decided to open the door anyway. The curtains were closed, making the room look dark. I saw a figure laying in the bed. Obviously, it was Harry.

"Harry?" I whispered.

I received a groan in response.

"Are you coming to school today?" I asked. He mumbled something in response but I couldn't make out what he was saying. 

I decided to leave him alone. I closed the door and headed downstairs. I couldn't really make myself some breakfast considering the current state that our kitchen was in. It was still under construction from the fire, meaning that we have to eat takeout every day.

David promised my mom that he would fix the kitchen. He said that It's going to look ten times better than it did before. I think he was just saying that to make my mother feel better. I guess it worked because she's no longer crying about it.

I could tell that David was still mad at Harry for the incident. I forgave him already. It was an accident. The kitchen needed a makeover anyway. I could also tell that my mom was trying her best to forgive Harry. I'll give her props for at least trying, unlike David.

I grabbed my backpack and coat from the rack. I could already feel the winter air forming. Autumn is almost over and the cold, dark winter is coming to take its place. I walked down the driveway and down the street. I stopped and looked at Nina's house.

Maybe I should walk with her to school today. Just for old times' sake. I walked up to her porch and rang the doorbell. I rang it twice before someone finally decided to answer. Nina's father stood at the door.

"Hello Mr. Breed, is Nina ready for school today?" I asked.

He had a firm look on his face and he looked generally annoyed. "She already has a ride to school." He said firmly.

"Well, could you tell her that I stopped by?" I asked.

He didn't say anything. He just looked at me as if I just said the most unreasonable thing he has ever heard. I awkwardly turned around and walked away without saying goodbye. He closed the door without saying goodbye as well.

I wonder what's gotten into him? Did I do something wrong?

I shrugged my shoulders and continued walking to school. I walked and looked at the trees and the houses. I forgot how peaceful walking really was. My doctor recommended that I didn't do too much of it though. I needed to let my foot heal properly.

Although this morning I had no other choice. Harry clearly wasn't in the right state to drive me and I certainly didn't want to disturb my mother so, I settled on walking. My school isn't that far from my house.

As I was walking I received two text messages on my phone. One was from my mother and the other was from an unknown number.

I decided to look at my mother's message first.

M- why did you leave without telling me? I would have driven you.

I texted back.

A- I'm sorry. I didn't want to disturb you.

M- well I'm driving you tomorrow, understood?

A-ok.

I decided to check the other message from the unknown number.

Unknown- your family is so full of secrets huh?

I stared at the message confused. Who the hell was this and what did they know about my family?

I quickly replied.

A- Who is this?

Unknown- you'll find out soon enough.

I stared at the text, reading it over and over again.

Who was this and how could they have possibly gotten my phone number?

Maybe they've got the wrong number. Maybe someone's pulling a prank on me. Whoever it is, this isn't funny and I hate pranks. Whatever it is, I'm not going to let it worry me. I have other things to worry about and random text isn't going to ruin my day.

Who could it possibly be?

A/N

Yoooooo, I finally updated Y'all!!! I feel so accomplished.

I hope you guys are proud of me. I'm getting back on track for Y'all.

I need to update again this week. Maybe Thursday or Friday or possibly even earlier. I don't have a set day.

I'm trying Y'all, give ya girl some props.

Hope you liked the update and I'll see you soon loves!

-xoxo Anna