34

Aliyah

"Have you seen my black vans? I need to leave," I asked Michael as I rushed around my house looking for my shoes.

"Shouldn't they be in your room?" he asked me.

"They were on my shelf, but now they aren't," I complained.

"I have no idea, sorry," he shrugged.

"Ugh," I groaned as I ran back upstairs to find different shoes to wear.

I put on my white converse and then headed back downstairs. I began thinking about where they could have been. That's when I realized that Niall and I have I guess started some kind of prank war. 

"Was Niall here yesterday?" I asked my brother.

"Not that I know of, why?" 

"It was him," I mumbled to myself as I dialed his number and waited for him to answer.

'Hello, my lovely friend, Aliyah.'

'Where are my shoes?'

'Can't I at least get a hello first?'

'I know you did something with my favorite shoes, so tell me where they are.'

'No can do, sorry. We started a prank war and this is the consequence.'

'I despise you right now.'

'If you're nice to me, maybe I'll give you a small hint.'

'I know how you are, you won't be giving me any hints.'

'Well, I have some things to do. Lovely chat, I'll call you later.'

'You just wait, this is not over.'  I said and then he quickly hung up on me.

"Well, it was Niall and now I'm probably gonna be late now because of him. I'll see you later if I don't end up killing Niall," I told Michael before leaving the house.

I had yet another promo thing for my new movie today. All of the main cast could wear what they wanted, so I wore a casual outfit. I wanted to pair it with my black vans, but those plans changed instantly when I noticed that they weren't in their original spot in my closet. 

*

After a long day of filming some promo for my movie, I just want to go home and relax or possibly go right to bed. But of course, today is just not my day. I turned down my street and noticed a lot of people hanging out right outside my house.

I parked in the street and ran through all the people and safely made it inside. I pulled out my phone and dialed Niall's number in hopes he would answer me.

'Yes?'

'There's a lot of people and possibly paparazzi outside my house right now. Can Michael and I stay over at your hour tonight? I don't feel safe with that many people here,'

'Of course, make sure they don't follow your car though,'

'Thanks, I'll see you soon,'

I hung up the phone and went to go find Michael.

"How long have they been out there?"

"A couple of hours or so," he told me. "I don't think they knew I've been here though, so that's good,"

"Well, I called Niall and he said we could both stay over there tonight. You wanna come with or do you wanna stay here?" I asked him.

"I'll stay here, I don't want any rumors to start for you,"

"I don't care about the rumors, I just want to make sure you're gonna be safe,"

"I'll be fine, go ahead and go," he said pushing me out of his room.

"Alright, alright," I laughed before heading up to my room.

I packed some clothes into a bad and some things I would need for the night. I took a quick shower and changed into some sweatpants and a large hoodie. I put my converse back on and went back downstairs with my bag in my hand.

"I'm leaving now," I said popping my head back into Michael's room. "Don't go outside at all and don't answer the door for anyone, alright?"

"Got it," he nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow then," I said before heading into the kitchen.

I grabbed my phone and wallet off the counter and put them into my bag. I grabbed my keys and held onto them tightly.

I took a deep breath before opening my front door. I shut the door quickly and headed towards my gate.

As soon as I opened the gate, the questions started flooding at me.

"How's your night Aliyah?"

"Where are you going?"

"Is your boyfriend inside?"

"Who was in your house earlier?"

All of these questions made me laugh because I knew they didn't really care about any of what they asked. They did care about how my night was. They didn't care where I was going. They don't care who is inside my house. They just want their pictures so they can get paid.

I got back into my car and quickly started it so I could drive off.

I made a couple of laps around the neighborhood to make sure that nobody followed me. I parked my car outside of his house and grabbed all of my things to make my way inside.

I knocked on his door before going inside. I set my things down and dramatically layed down face first on the couch.

"Long day?" Niall chuckled.

"Very," I sighed. "It doesn't help that when I got home and wanted to relax, there were people outside of my house,"

"How many?"

"At least 20," I turned to him. "I don't know how they found my house, but they did,"

"Is your brother still there?"

"Yeah, he said he was fine staying," I explained. "I guess they've been there for a couple of hours and they didn't know he was inside,"

"I guess that's good then,"

"Yeah," I sighed. "So, where are my shoes?" I asked changing the subject.

"What shoes?"

"I know you have them or did something with them, so just tell me where they are,"

"You can find them yourself," he smiled "You hid my guitar so I hid your shoes,"

"Ugh," I groaned.

"You started it, not me,"

"But I don't want to do this anymore, I'm over it," 

"So you give up then, I win?" He asked with a grin on his face.

"Oh, no I'm winning," I said determinedly. "But are my shoes at my house at least?"

"They are," 

"I hate you so much," I sighed. "Did you hide them in the same spot?"

"Nope, and I'm not giving you any more hints, you'll have to find them yourself,"

***