45

Aliyah

I have been thinking about what Mully suggested for the last few days.

I've been going back and forth in my head whether it was a good idea or a bad one. In the end, I decided it was best to go over there and see how it all pans out.

So as of now, I was getting ready to head over to his and Niall's house.

I decided to walk to their house to try and clear my head of all my random obscure thoughts.

By the time I actually made it, I didn't realize it because of how much I was thinking.

I knocked on the front door and looked down at my feet as I waited for Mully to answer.

I feel like I'm going to regret everything that is about to happen.

"Hey, uh, what are you doing here?"

I looked up and saw Niall standing there. "Mully told me to come here,"

"He hasn't been here for like a week and won't be back for awhile," he explained to me.

"He set me up," I mumbled.

"Can you come inside? I actually wanted to talk to you," he asked me as he opened the door wider.

"You couldn't talk to me for the past two months but now you want to?" I asked as I entered.

"That's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about," he said leading me to the kitchen.

I set down my keys and phone and waited for what he had to say.

"I know you don't really looked what the media has to say, but have you seen the pictures?"

"The ones with you and Hailee? Those pictures?" I clarified.

"Uh, yeah,"

"Is that why you stopped talking to me and ignoring all of my messages? Because you had a girlfriend?"

"Not exactly," he sighed.

"Then why haven't you answered my texts, my calls, anything. I've been thinking for weeks. Do you hate me or something? You cut me out of your life without any warning. It's driving me crazy!" I ranted.

"I understand,"

"I don't think you do. You could've reached out like I have been. If you didn't cut me out of your life so suddenly, this would all be different,"

"Do you remember when I came to your house drunk?"

"Sadly, I do. That was the last time I saw you for months,"

"I remembered what I said like a week later because you never told me,"

"What did you say?" I asked him to see if he was telling the truth.

"I told you that I loved you," I said quietly.

"You were drunk,"

"And a drunk mind never lies,"

"Why did you go out and drink so much that you wouldn't be able to remember anything?"

"I had a dream earlier that day,"

"A dream doesn't make someone go and get completely wasted and tell someone that you love them,"

"A dream that you wish was reality will," he said finally looking into my eyes for the first time tonight.

"Please explain it to me then. I want to understand,"

"I can't tell you what happened exactly, but you were in it and it made me realize that I want to be more than just friends with you,"