83

May 26th, 2019

Aliyah

"Why are you awake so early?" I heard Niall ask as he entered the kitchen.

"I couldn't sleep," I said as I sipped on the tea that I had just made.

Being 5 months, almost 6 months pregnant has really taken a toll on me. I have been having a really hard time falling asleep almost every night and always seem to wake up a couple of times during the night. I used to sleep in until at least 9 a.m, but now I'm always awake at 6:30 or if I'm lucky 7. 

Even though I wake up early, I'm always tired. But the thing is, I can't even have any caffeine to wake myself up. I mean I can have some caffeine, but not a lot. So I suffer most days with how tired I am.

That is basically what my tea is for. I make it every morning and it always seems to do something for me. It doesn't wake me up completely, but it does something even if it is small.

"Why don't you ever wake me up?" he asked when he came over and put his arms around my shoulder, hugging me close.

"I want you to sleep," I answered. "Just because I can't sleep, doesn't mean you should also suffer," 

"Please wake me up next time," he said kissing the top of my head. "Now, what would you like for breakfast?" 

"I can make something," I answered.

 "Sit down and tell me what you want," 

"Pancakes please," I said sitting down on a stool at the kitchen island.

*

"Do you think we could pay Mully to put this thing together for us?" Niall asked as we began reading the instructions on how to build the crib.

"We have to figure this out ourselves, it'll be fine," 

"There are too many parts and instructions," he groaned.

"If we take it one step at a time we'll be alright," 

"I'm going live on Instagram, maybe they'll help," he said setting up his phone.

"They will be no help through a screen," I laughed just as he began the live.

"Hello, people," he said to the few people that we watching. "Aliyah and I are going to be attempting to build a crib today, so maybe you can help us out and give some tips because we don't really know what we're doing," 

"Nobody is going to want to help us build a crib, it isn't fun to do," I laughed.

"The comments say otherwise, babe," Niall said as he scrolled through the comments that flew past. "Someone wants to know if we have a name yet for baby Horan,"

"We have absolutely nothing as of now," I answered.

"People keep asking if they can help with coming up with the name," Niall read another comment. "We would love the help, but that would mean we would have to reveal the gender to all of you which we are keeping a secret," 

"Babe, we have to build this crib, you're getting distracted," I said trying to get Niall's attention again.

"Okay, okay, let's build this thing," he said. "People keep asking to see the baby bump," 

"Didn't you show everyone last night when I was basically asleep?" I asked him.

"That was a different group of people," he smiled.

I stood up from my spot on the floor turned to the side. I lifted my shirt up so that my belly was on show for everyone that was watching. "We have a couple more months left. I don't know if I can handle getting any bigger than this,"