58

Aliyah

"Hey, baby, how did you sleep?" My mom asked when she saw me enter the kitchen. 

"Pretty good. How about you?"

"Wonderful knowing that my favorite daughter was finally home,"

I rolled my eyes at her answer and sat down at the island. "What are you making?"

"Omelets. I'm assuming you want one?" She asked as she began cracking eggs into a bowl.

"Yes, please," I smiled.

"Where's Niall at? Normally you two are together,"

"Still asleep," I answered.

"Does he like omelets? I can make him one," she asked.

"He does, yes. He doesn't like onions in his so don't add those,"

"Okay, I won't," she laughed. "They should be done shortly, why don't you go wake him up,"

"It's gonna be a repeat of yesterday morning," I sighed.

"What happened yesterday?"

"I woke him up and he just fell back asleep so I had to pack for him,"

"He has a tiring job, it seems," she laughed.

"He does actually," I said. "I'll go wake him up,"

I made my way down the stairs and to my childhood bedroom. Just as I suspected, Niall was still fast asleep.

What surprised me the most was the fact that he was sleeping on his stomach. He usually never sleeps like that unless he was truly exhausted.

I walked up to the side of my bed and carefully straddled his legs. "Niall," I whispered.

I got no answer in return.

I began running my fingers through his hair and that's what began waking him up from his deep sleep.

"It's time to wake up," I whispered.

"I don't wanna," he groaned.

"My mom is making breakfast," I said making him more awake than he was before.

"What is she making?" He asked running his hands over his face.

"Omelets and I think she is making pancakes,"

"That sounds good," he said as he put his face back into the pillow. "What time is it?"

I could barely hear what he asked because the pillow muffled the sound.

"Almost 10,"

"It's too early," he groaned.

"That's because it's 8 back home,"

"I want to sleep the day away,"

"No, you don't," I laughed. "Wake up," I said kissing his cheek.

I got up off of him and left him alone in my room. I made my way back upstairs to find my mom putting food onto two plates.

"Is he awake?" She asked once I sat down for the second time.

"Well, I woke him up, but there are no promises to him staying awake,"

"I'm awake, I'm awake," I heard Niall say as he climbed the steps.

He was wearing the same sweatpants that he wore yesterday alone with a plain black shirt that seemed way too big for him.

"That's record timing for you," I teased as he sat down next to me.

Niall playfully glared at me as my mom laughed at our encounter.