25

Aliyah

"Start putting your stuff in the car," Mariah had said to me.

"I'm too tired," I complained to her.

"You can sleep on the plane," she said moving me towards the front door. "Now, let's go before we're late,"

"Where's Brandon?"

"He's meeting us there,"

"Do I have to go?" I complained once again.

"It's your job, Aliyah, yes, you have to go," she said back obviously getting annoyed with me.

"We still have to wait for Niall to get here," I told her once all of my things were in the car.

"He better hurry up or we're leaving without him,"

"He said he would be here at 6, he still has two minutes,"

"What is it with you two?" She asked me.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Do you like him?"

"As a friend, yeah, of course,"

"You know what I mean,"

"We're only friends and we will only ever be friends," I explained to her.

"I've seen the way he looks at you," she grinned.

"You're the second person to say that to me," I groaned.

"Who was the first?"

"My brother,"

"He's right though," she pointed out. "He doesn't look at you the way a friends would. Have you ever asked yourself if you truly liked him more than a friend would?"

"Even if I did, it would or could never happen,"

"It could if you wanted it to," she said right before the front gate opened.

"Sorry, I'm late, Mully was being all weird this morning," Niall said wheeling his suitcase behind him.

"It's fine, Niall,"

"Think about it what I said on the way to London and then we'll chat," Mariah said getting in the driver seat.

"I'd rather not," I muttered to myself.

"What was that all about?" Niall asked clearly confused.

"Just girl talk," I smiled before hopping in the car along with Niall doing the same. "Are we going to get coffee?" I asked as she started driving.

"You can get coffee at the airport," Mariah shot back.

"You're mean,"

"You will live with it," she said as we began the hour long car trip all the way to LAX.

*

"Why are there so many paparazzi here? It's way too early," I said as I started taking my suitcase out of the car.

"They practically live here," Niall laughed.

"Seems like it," I responded.

"Brandon said he is waiting by the check-in area," Mariah said once she got out of the car.

"Do you wanna head inside together?" I asked her.

"You two start going, I'll be fine," she answered.

Niall and I took our suitcases and started wheeling then towards the crowded entrance. As we got closer, the paparazzi started asking us questions.