80

April 6th, 2019

Aliyah

We did it. We actually did what we said we were gonna do.

We got married. 

Like not even 10 minutes ago.

I was now officially a Horan.

Aliyah Mae Horan. It had a ring to it. 

I loved it.

We flew our families in a couple of days ago just for this reason. Well, also because we were going to reveal the gender of our baby. But the main reason they were here was because of us getting married without much planning of anything.

Niall insisted that he dress up in a suit and tie, while I didn't want to really dress up at all. 

I don't really understand the whole appeal of getting this big extravagant wedding dress for your wedding day. You'll be wearing that dress for a few hours just to take it off and never wear it again. It seemed like a huge waste of money to me. 

I feel the same way about planning a huge wedding. You plan the wedding you've been dreaming of since you were a little kid for months and months just to have it all be over in one night. That is an actual waste of money in my eyes.

Niall fully understands why I didn't want to go out and buy a wedding dress that I wouldn't feel comfortable in. So he knew I wouldn't be getting all dressed up for this. And I also knew a wedding dress wouldn't fit all that well with my growing baby bump.

He still insisted that he was fully dressed for our small and short wedding ceremony even though I was not. I mean, I get why he wanted to look nice, I really do, but I just couldn't with how I looked and felt. 

But that didn't mean that I couldn't wear a white dress. I absolutely did. 

It may not have been a fancy wedding dress that you get at a bridal shop, but it was still a white dress that my mom helped me find when she made me go out shopping with her the day after she arrived.

"One more picture!" my mom yelled out to Niall and me.

We both looked in her direction and gave our best cheesy smiles. She instantly took our picture and laughed at our expressions. 

"That one is definitely going up in the family room," she grinned.

"Let's get another one with you two holding up your left hands," Niall's mom, Maura said to us.

We both held up our left hands and did an unamused look on our faces. We made it seem like we were forced to get married. 

Niall was genuinely surprised by the ring I had chosen for him. I guess he expected me to get him gold or silver, but I wanted it to be a bit different and got him the ring that I did. I knew that deep down he would like it a lot. And he did. 

The ring that I had gotten was perfect. It was the same metal as my engagement ring was. It fit my engagement ring perfectly. I didn't know that he knew anything about a wedding ring that shaped the other ring on your finger, but he did. It makes more sense to me why had to take my ring when we went to go get each other wedding rings.

"C'mon smile a bit," she said making us change our facial expressions.

"Can we go change now?" I asked as I was now getting a little bit uncomfortable in the dress I was wearing.

"Yes, yes, go change so we can know the gender. I'm so excited!" my mom cheered.

Niall and I took that as our queue to head into our room so that we could change out of what we were wearing. We got into our room and shut the door behind us. Niall pulled me into our closet, shutting the door behind us as well.