57

Niall

"You're finally here! It's about time!" Aliyah's mom said as we came through the front door.

"I missed you!" Aliyah said as she hugged her. 

"How was the flight?" She asked us both.

"It was alright," I mentioned.

"You slept for most of it," Aliyah said back.

"It was an early morning, of course, I slept,"

"Why don't you two go put your things in your room and then we can catch up before your father gets home," Marie had said to the both of us.

Aliyah was already halfway down the steps before I could even get to them.

"Later on, I would like to talk to you and James if that's alright with the both of you," I said to Marie.

"Of course you can. Is it anything bad? Everything is alright between you two right?" She asked getting worried.

"Oh, yeah, of course, I just wanted to talk to the both of you,"

"I'm guessing you want to talk to us alone. That's why you waited for Aliyah to not be in the room?"

"It is, yeah," I nodded.

"I'll let him know once he gets home," she smiled. "You better go down there before she thinks something is going on. You know how she is,"

I laughed and nodded as I pulled my suitcase behind me.

"What were you two chatting about without me?" Aliyah asked as I entered her old bedroom.

"Oh, nothing," I said setting my suitcase next to the bed.

"I'm guessing it's a secret you can't share," she raised her eyebrows.

"It is, yeah," I pecked her lips before leaving her alone.

"Come back here," she yelled chasing me up the steps.

"I know you don't like sweet things all that much Niall, but I made some cookies and lunch will be done shortly if the two of you are hungry," Marie said as we sat down at the island.

"I've missed your cooking, mom," Aliyah said as she grabbed a cookie and began eating.

"You wouldn't miss it if you visited more often," she commented.

"I would love to visit more, but I can't seem to find the time,"

"I know, baby," Marie said as she hugged her. "Do you know if Colby and Michael are coming for the Fourth?"

"Colby mentioned it, but I'm not entirely sure,"

"That kid can never make up his mind," she shook her head.

"That's Colby for ya,"

"I have one question I've been meaning to ask the two of you, I've been waiting until I saw you next,"

"Which is?" I asked her.

"When did you two finally come to your senses and admit that you liked each other?" She smiled.

Aliyah put her head into her hands to try and hide. I laughed at her reaction before trying to answer her question. "If I'm being honest, I'm not really sure when we became official,"

"I don't either," Aliyah mumbled.

"Was it the day you sent me that picture?" Marie asked me.

I thought back to when I sent Aliyah's mom a picture of the two of us.