29

Aliyah

"I think I've drank too much," I said draping my arm around Niall's neck.

"I see that," he laughed at me as I wobbled. "How about you take a break and drink some water,"

"But water is boring," I groaned.

"It will make you feel better," he said grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and handing it to me. "Drink this entire thing and then maybe you can go back to alcohol,"

"Okay, dad," I said opening it and taking a small drink.

"Why don't we go talk to Mully," he suggested. "He got here a little while ago,"

"And he hasn't talked to me yet? How rude of him,"

"Let's go," he said pulling me around my house trying to find Mully. "Here he is," Niall said once we found him talking to Shawn in the living room.

"I missed you," I said hugging him.

"She's drunk, isn't she?" He asked Mully while continuing to hug me.

"Very, but I put her on water for the next little while,"

"Make it a long while," Shawn commented.

*

"Did you by any chance invite my ex here?" I asked when I came up to Mariah.

"Uh, no, I don't think so, why?" she asked as she started looking around.

"I swear I just saw him," I sighed. "Maybe it was someone who looked like him," I brushed it off.

"Let me know if you see them again," she told me. "I don't want you to become uncomfortable,"

"I will, thank you," I said giving her a hug.

"Go have fun," she smiled and pushed me towards some of my other friends.

She pushed me in the direction of where Niall and Shawn were talking. Might as well go and talk to them, right?

"I haven't seen you two in a while. Have you been avoiding me?" I asked them.

"Of course," Niall smirked as he gave me a hug.

"I'll be right back," Shawn said to Niall and I before walking off.

"He left us," I pouted.

"He left you, not me," he teased.

"I wanted to tell you something and I'm not sure how you'll react,"

"How bad?"

"Not bad at all,"

"What is it?" he asked.

"I've been walking around talking to different people and I keep seeing this person that looks really familiar. After I kept seeing them I realized that it looks like Jared," I explained. "I'm sure it isn't though, he has no idea where I live, so I think I'm okay,"

"Well, if it turns out to be him, then let me know and I'll make sure he leaves,"

"I will, thanks," I said hugging him.

*

I ended up wandering off on my own again. I found my brother and his friends, who by the way, weren't invited, in my living room. They all seemed to be drunk or really close to being so.

"Why are you and your friends here?" I asked Colby.

"Who could pass up a good birthday party?"

"You weren't invited," I states.

"Well, I'm here,"

"Just don't cause any trouble please,"

"I will try my best not to,"

I walked away from him and went to go find Mariah against because I was starting to get bored all by myself.  I ended up finding her alongside Niall and Mully.

"Am I allowed to drink now?" I asked Niall.

"Have you sobered up?"

"Yes, I have,"

"Don't drink too much," he said to me. "And can you get me something?"

"I guess," I said walking into my kitchen.

I grabbed two drinks, one for me and of course one for Niall. As I was making my way back to my friends, I started hearing someone behind me calling my name.

"Aliyah, hi. It's been a long time since I've seen you," the familiar voice had said.

I turned around and saw my ex standing there. I decided on not answering him and just making my way back to Mariah.

"You look freaked out, are you okay?" Niall asked me once I made it back.

"Yeah, I'm good," I said handing him the drink he asked for.

"Are you sure?" he asked double checking.

"Everything is great, don't worry about me,"

"I don't believe you, but if you want to talk I'm here,"

"I know, I know," I said back to him. "I'll be right back,"

I left them all and made my way upstairs to my bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror and saw what Niall was talking about. I did look a litle bit paranoid. I fixed my makeup the best I could before I calmed myself down completely.  Once I got myself calmed down and content, I made my way back  downstairs where everyone else was.

"You alright?" Niall asked me once I got to the bottom of the staircase.

"You scared me," I said putting my hand to my chest. "Thanks for checking up on me, I'm okay," I sighed.

"That's good," he said back to me. "Just remember about our deal alright?"

"What deal?" I asked him slightly confused.

"You can talk to me, I'll listen and try the best I can to help you,"

"How are you such a great person? I swear I've never met anyone as nice and caring as you are," I smiled.

"I'm sure you have, but just know that I'll listen to what you have to say,"

"Thank you, I really appreciate it,"

"Now, let's get you smiling, this is your birthday party, you shouldn't be sad," 

***

Prepare yourselves for the next chapter.