About The Chamber

(Y/N) Pov

It was now time for Transfiguration, yesterday's events still fresh on my mind, after that talk with the school's faculty and the walk back to my dorm, I had just layed in my bed enable to sleep.

What if what happened had something to do with me and the last letter I received, I remembered the look Professor Snape gave me when he and the rest of the staff found the bloody message and the Filch's cat, his eyes told me that he knew that I wasn't the culprit but they also told me that he knew something about me, something that I've been dying to know.

My mind was brought back to reality when I felt Hades move away from my neck and slither his way to Draco's arm. I decided to bring him with me to class since he was bored and had already scared almost everyone in the Common Room.

The classroom was quite silent today, you could still hear the casual whispers about the scene that they had discovered yesterday, the two boys of the trio kept looking at Draco, as if he was responsible for what was on everyone's mind. I was glad that Hermione had decided to at least be civil with him, he still needed to apologize to her but I would make sure he did it.

Today's Transfiguration class required a pet and since Hades was already with me, I would be using him instead of Nox.

McGonagall: Can I have your attention, please? Today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like this. One... Two... Three... Veraverto.

Everyone gasped, it was pretty amazing to see an animal turn into a crystal clear water goblet, even if Potions was my favorite class, Transfiguration was pretty cool too.

McGonagall: Who would like to go first? Ah, Mr. Weasley. "One...Two...Three... Veraverto".

Ron did what he was supposed to but since his wand was broken, the spell wasn't as successful as it should be, a hairy goblet with the rat's tail still showing appeared instead of a crystal clear water goblet, the class laughed, relieving some of the pressure in the room.

McGonagall: That wand needs replacing.

Hermione raised her hand, my gut telling me she was going to ask something that would make the pressure come back into the room, she was my friend but she was to curious for her own good.

McGonagall: Yes, Miss Granger.

Hermione: Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets.

There it was, as soon as those words came out of her mouth, an obscure feeling took over the classroom. Draco stiffened a little bit by my side, I couldn't blame him, I'm pretty sure everyone was still a little bit scared of what they saw. McGonagall looked at our faces and even if the obscure feeling was still in the air, our curiosity to know more about the Chamber of Secrets won and McGonagall could see that from a mile away.

McGonagall: Very well. You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not.

Ron: Three guesses who.

(Y/N): You know, Gryffindor also had his fairs share of wizards that had the same mentality as Salazar Slytherin, so how about you stop bad talking my House founder and listen to Professor McGonagall.

I rolled my eyes, I could hear some of my House mates agree with me, I was a bit more rude than what I had first intended to but they talk as if Gryffindor and the others Houses were pure but that's not true, a lot of witches and wizards from all the houses agreed with Salazar, they even had some Dark Wizards like Grindelwald. Professor McGonagall decided to ignore what was said and continued talking.

McGonagall: Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, purebloods.

Some of the purebloods in out class looked at each other and then at the other students, Draco didn't do anything, he just sat there waiting for Professor McGonagall to continue, shocking some of the purebloods that were waiting for him to smirk or make a rude comment to a halfblood or a muggle born. I couldn't help but smile proudly at this action and gave him a little discreet pat on the head.

McGonagall: Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to the legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle know as the Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school. The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleashed the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic.

Hermione: Muggle borns.

McGonagall: Well, naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found.

My curiosity had been spiked when McGonagall talked about the horror within the Chamber.

(Y/N): Professor? What exactly does the legend tell us lies within the Chamber?

McGonagall: The legend is said to be home to something that only the Heir of Slytherin can control. It is said to be the home of a monster.

Everyone had scared looks on their faces, Ron looked behind to look at Draco and I,  I knew he would suspect both of us but I had other things on my mind. The one that was more alarming was the one that connected me to Salazar Slytherin, if the letter was true and everyone was lying and keeping things from me than maybe this ideia wasn't so crazy.

The people who surround me could be trying to make me think that I was someone else, but I knew nothing of my past, of who I was, in this moment a flash of last night came to my mind. It was when Dumbledore got to the hallway were everyone was, the look in his eyes while looking at me, trying to see if I was the culprit but not been able to figure it out, a tiny bit of terror in them, when this happened I didn't think anything of it but now I could clearly tell that he only looked at me like that, he did not look at Harry or the others with those eyes.

This ideia was crazy and a little unreasonable since if I was connected to him, that would make me the Heir and I know that I did not open that Chamber. I didn't know what was going on or if my theories were true but I wasn't going to stop until I figured it out.

......................................................

Word Count: 1172