Holidays

(Y/N) Pov

Like always holidays at Malfoy Manor were relaxing and pleasant, now more than ever, I had gotten a peek at Uncle's, Lucius's, and Father's playful interactions over the break, but watching them mock, taunt, and tease each other as Narcissa just sighed or laughed at their antics, I couldn't help but think of my own friend group.

Coming home was exactly what Draco and I needed, the atmosphere calmed our minds, and the familiar decorations that covered the Manor made us comfortable, something we hadn't felt at Hogwarts for a while now.

Unlike every other year Lucius and Narcissa wouldn't be hosting a Christmas Ball, even though almost no one knew what Father looked like, except his Death Eaters, the group Dumbledore had the world believe were evil incarnate, it still wouldn't be in our favor if he was recognized and our plans got ruined before we even got enough evidence on Dumbledore manipulations.

The fact that we only had an intimate family dinner was more delightful and entertaining than the Ball we are used to, being able to be ourselves and laugh at the silly stories that Father, Uncle, Lucius, and Narcissa had was more memorable than any other event would have been.

But nothing good lasts forever, Father messed with Harry's dreams again, showing him Mr. Weasley being attacked, which obviously wasn't going to come true, not only was he the father of two of my friends but also a good man who continued to be nice to me despite whatever bullsh*t came out of Harry's mouth about me, it seems like Harry must have run to tell Dumbledore about it because Uncle was summoned back to school to teach Harry Occlumency and Legilimency, something both Draco and I had already learned.

The fact that Dumbledore thought that Harry would be able to get into Father's mind just like he does Harry's is quite laughable. I gave Uncle his present before he left, knowing I would only see him in some days when Harry would leave to meet the Weasleys, not quite sure why he's only leaving in a few days instead of having gone with Ron but who cares?

Before we realized or wanted it was time to return to Hogwarts, unfortunately, and deal with everything we had left behind for the small break.

Everyone looked refreshed, clearly being away from Hogwarts' recent toxic air was good for all of us, plans were coming along quicker and I couldn't be more satisfied with how everything was coming along.

We were outside, getting some fresh air and waiting for Hermione and Blaise when I saw both of them running towards us.

Hermione: (Y/N)! Hagrid's back.

As soon as I processed those words I ran to Hagrid's Hut, with the others following close by, I had a big smile on my face but it quickly went away as I heard the hag's voice once I reached Hagrid's door.

Umbridge: I'm ordering you to tell me where you've been.

Hagrid: I've told you. Been away for my health.

Umbridge: Your health?

Hagrid: Yes. Bit of fresh air you know.

We all hid so she wouldn't see us when she left Hagrid's hut, she probably was paranoid thinking of all the ways Hagrid had gone out to help Dumbledore.

Umbridge: Yes. As a gatekeeper fresh air must be difficult to come by. If I were you I shouldn't get too used to being back. In fact, I wouldn't bother to unpack at all.

I was so annoyed at that that I squeezed Draco's hand tighter making him wince, I wasn't sure when I had reached out to grab it in the first place but I didn't mind it in fact it always helped me calm down, the b*tch left with a smug look on her face before it scrunched up in disgust because of the smell around us, she sprayed some of her nauseating perfume before leaving.

We quickly made our way inside, startling Hagrid but he quickly got over it and told us to sit.

Hagrid: This is top secret, alright?

We all nodded, heating up our hands with the teacup that was placed in front of us moments ago.

Hagrid: Dumbledore sent me to party with the Giants.

I shared a look with Draco before we turned our attention back to the man.

Hermione: Giants? Did you find them?

Hagrid: Well, they aren't that hard to find, to be perfectly honest. They're so big, you see. Tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one trying to win them over.

I once again looked at Draco, knowing for sure that Dad hadn't sent anyone to negotiate with the giants. Which only meant one thing:
Dumbledore.

............................................................

(A/N: Sorry guys, the chapter turned out smaller than I had first intended to, but it was the longest I was able to write during this busy week.)

Word Count: 800