House Cup

(Y/N) Pov

I went to my Common Room to clean up a bit before having to head to the Great Hall for dinner.

Draco: Hey (Y/N), it's almost time for dinner, I'll wait for you here, take your time, if there's something wrong send Hades to come get me, Dumbledore gave him to me so he's on his cage.

(Y/N): Thanks Angel but you don't have to wait for me, I'll be fine.

Draco: You haven't call me that in a while and I want to wait for you and there's nothing you can say or do that will make me change my mind.

We both shared a laugh and I gave him a little peck on the cheek and went to get ready. I went up to my room, feed my owl and snake, changed into a clean set of clothes and went to meet Draco in the Common Room.

Draco: Are you ready?

(Y/N): Yes, let's go.

While making our way to the Great Hall, our hands kept brushing against each other so Draco grabbed my hand in his.

(Y/N): You know, I kept thinking about you while I was trying to prevent The Stone from being stolen, I smiled when I remembered you teaching how to play Wizard Chess.

Draco: I remember that, father got mad at us because I kept laughing at you and you kept screaming at me for it.

(Y/N): I'm sorry I spent so much time with the Trio, I wanted to prove that Snape wasn't the thief, they kept getting on my nerves.

Draco laughed and my heart skipped a beat, I really missed him, even if it was for only a couple of hours, those three don't understand me the way he does and I kinda neglected him, I was feeling really guilty about it but the way he grabbed my hand a little tighter made it all go away.

Draco: Don't worry about it, I understand, I would've done the same besides I know you wouldn't have spent all that time with Potter and his friends if you really didn't have to.

We both walked the rest of the way in a comforting silence, just feeling the warmth of each other's hands.

Nearing the Great Hall we saw Harry and his friends having a what I would say a heart warming reunion but it only made me sad that Harry and I were still not properly talking to each other.

We entered the Great Hall and made way to our table, almost every par of eyes were focused on me, following my every move, now sitting at the Slytherin Table I received a lot of congratulations, but all I wanted was to go back to my Common Room, spend some time with Draco before we left for Summer break.

A few minutes later the trio entered the Great Hall and just like that everyone stopped staring at me to stare at them which I was grateful for.

We were all sitting at our respective tables, chatting amongst us when McGonagall clinked one of her tableware on her glass, and just like that the Great Hall went silent.

Dumbledore stood up to give his speech.

Dumbledore: Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points.

I looked at their table and everyone had glum expressions on their faces, I grabbed Draco's hand underneath the table and squeezed it, silently praying that our House won the House Cup.

Dumbledore: Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House.

Draco: Nice one, mate.

I gave Draco a side hug while everyone cheered but I felt that this wasn't over yet.

Dumbledore: Yes, well done, Slytherin. Well done. However, recent events must be taken into account.

Here we go, why can't everything finish without a but or a however.

Dumbledore: And I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in grave peril 50 points. Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 50 points. And third to Mr. Harry Potter for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor House 60 points.

They were tied with us, I squeezed Draco's hand tighter only for him to return the squeeze, my heart thundering in my chest.

Dumbledore: It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom.

Everyone erupted into cheers just like our House did in the beginning but just like before, I felt like Dumbledore wasn't finished.

Dumbledore: And last but not least to Miss (Y/N) Potter, for the use of great intellect and helping other people even if they are from other Houses, I award 60 points to the Slytherin House.

The Great Hall was silent, everyone was still chocked, his words were still processing in my head.

Dumbledore: Assuming that my calculations are correct I believe that we do not need of a change of decoration.

As soon as those words were spoken our table went euphoric, Draco and I looked at each other and he hugged me making the shock go away.

Draco: We won! (Y/N), we won!

(Y/N): Yess we did!

Other people came up to us to give me handshakes telling me that I did good, but all I needed was to see the smile that was on Draco's face.

We all threw our hats up, the Gryffindor table looking sad, I looked at Hagrid and smiled, he smiled back with a proud look on his face but I knew that even if he was proud of me, he was also sad because of Harry's sad face.

I looked at the rest of the  teacher's table and Snape was giving me a half smile and in that moment I felt proud of myself, proud to be a Slytherin.

......................................................

(A/N)

Hey guys, here's another chapter, we're almost at the end. Hope you enjoy this and thank you for your support. 😊

Word Count: 1036