The New Slytherin Beater

(Y/N) Pov

I grabbed the bracelet and put it on, the snake moved around before settling perfectly right on my wrist, not too tight not too loose, just perfect, I looked at it to see if it would move again but it didn't so I shrugged and made my way to the Slytherin common room to fed Hades.

Now I know what you must be thinking, who just casually puts on a gift without knowing who sent it, after all, it could be cursed or something, to be honest, the thought did cross my mind but I had a feeling that this person wasn't trying to hurt me despite the very cryptic letter.

(Y/N): Ambition.

As I said the password, the beautiful stone snake appeared and slithered on the wall forming the shape of the door that appeared no more than a few seconds later. I made my way to my room, politely smiling at some of the other students who would greet me.

(Y/N): Hades, are you hungry?

Something I haven't told anyone is the fact that I could speak to snakes, I had only realized this after getting Hades and thinking back to the zoo incident. I somehow knew that this wasn't something everyone could do, so going around spreading this information wouldn't be wise, especially since I hadn't figured out why I could do it in the first place.

Hades: Yes mistress.

I went to get the food that the pet shop owner gave me and gave it to him while preparing things for my next class.

(Y/N): Hades, why do you call me mistress?

I noticed he had been calling me that since the moment I got him from the pet store, I just hadn't had the time to ask him about it yet.

Hades: You seem to not know and I don't think it's my place to tell you, mistress.

I nodded and left the room with him wrapped around my neck.

I made my way to the Quidditch field and let Hades wander around the place while I positioned myself beside Draco.

Draco: So you brought Hades with you?

(Y/N): Yes, he's been wanting to get out of that room since this morning.

I laughed and a few seconds later he joined me, especially after hearing the screams of the freaked-out students in the distance, it's not every day you see a snake like Hades.

Madam Hooch: Good afternoon, class.

Students: Good afternoon, Madam Hooch.

Madam Hooch: Welcome to your first flying lesson, well what are you waiting for everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand and say up.

I did as she told me and my broomstick came directly to my hand, I looked around to see who had done it as well and found that Harry and Draco were successful like me.

A few minutes later almost everyone had successfully made their broomstick go up, Harry's friend, I found that his name is Ron, made his broomstick come up but it ended up hitting his face which resulted in Draco and I laughing.

Madam Hooch: Now once you get ahold of your broom I want you to mount it, and grip it tightly we don't want any accidents.

We all did as she said, some struggled but in the end, everyone was successful.

Madam Hooch: When I blow my whistle I want all of you to kick off the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly then touch back down.
On my whistle, three, two,...

She blew her whistle and the second after Longbottom was hovering a few inches off the ground.

Madam Hooch: Mr. Longbottom.