From Rat to a Person

(Y/N) Pov

I knew things were gonna be ugly from now, I clutched my wand tight, I couldn't move much but I could at least help by casting spells.

Snape: Vengeance is sweet. I hoped I could be the one to catch you.

Professor Lupin: Severus...

Snape: I told Dumbledore that you helped an old friend getting into the castle and now here's the proof.

Sirius: Brilliant, Snape! Once again, you put your brain into the task and came to the wrong conclusion. Now, if you'll excuse us, Remus and I have some unfinished business to get to.

Snape: Give me a reason! I beg you!

Professor Lupin: Severus, don't be a fool.

The tension in the air was thick, Uncle had his wand against Sirius's throat while Professor Lupin tried to make him see reason, I looked at Harry who had a vicious smile on his face, I saw him clutch a wand as if he was gonna use it to cast a spell, I'm not sure where he got it from, seeing as Professor Lupin disarmed him but that's not my main concern.

Sirius: He can't help himself, Remus, it's a habit by now.

Professor Lupin: Sirius be quiet.

Snape: Listen to you two, quarreling like an old married couple.

Sirius: Why don't you run along and play with your chemistry set.

Snape: I could do it myself but why deny it to the Dementors? They are so longing to see you. Do I detect a flicker of fear?

I must admit I flinched a little at the mention of the creatures that have attacked me twice now, it was not a pleasant experience, Draco was by my side also clenching his wand tightly, he had also seen Harry's movement and expression, I will stop him before he even has the chance to cast something that could harm my Uncle.

Snape: A Dementor's kiss! I can't even fathom imagining what that's like. It's said to be a show practically unbearable to witness but I'll do my best.

Professor Lupin: Severus, please!

Snape: After you...

Harry started raising his arm, an evil smirk on his face, something that didn't look very pleasing to the eyes, I raised my arm from behind him, he would even know what hit him, I knew I couldn't use a spell that could hurt him that bad so I decided to just disarm him instead.

(Y/N): Expelliarmus!

The wand Harry had flown into my hand, he looked shocked and tried to come to me to take it back but Draco put himself in front of me and pointed his wand at him, I gave Harry a victory smirk and looked towards Uncle to see him shocked, I guess he hadn't realized I was here yet.

Hermione: Hey, that's my wand! When did he grab it?

I looked at her, and she gave me an apologetic look but she had nothing to apologize for, we were all too engrossed in what was happening, it's not her fault that Harry took advantage of that.

Snape: (Y/N), you okay?

(Y/N): I'm fine, a little hurt but it is to be expected, seeing I never escape scratch-free from these incidents at the end of the year.

He gave me a smile but I could see the concern on his face, he looked at Draco next, relieved to find that he only had a few scratches on his face from the Whomping Willow.

Harry: I knew you were a bitch, but I never expected you to flirt with our teacher in front of your boyfriend.

I scowled at him, I could see that Uncle wanted to give him a piece of his mind but stayed in his place, Draco placed the wand closer to Harry's face in warning, Professor Lupin looked shocked at the words he had just heard while Sirius looked disappointed, he was probably starting to realize that what I had said was right even if he didn't want to believe it.

Draco: Don't talk to her! You don't know anything, I should cut your vocal cords so you won't say things you don't know shit about.

Draco looked feral, it was something I have never seen before, his eyes held a dangerous glint making Harry dry gulp and shut up.

(Y/N): Professor Snape, let's hear them out, there's nothing wrong with that.

I looked at my Uncle I knew he knew the truth already but the best thing to do now was to hear them out, it would make Sirius calmer and that would help when we were to bring him to the castle. He nodded but kept his wand up and pointed at Sirius, I could see Professor Lupin release a breath of relief and thank me with his eyes.

Professor Lupin: Peter Pettigrew was at school with us, we thought he was our friend. The world thought he was dead, that Sirius killed him but he is alive, I knew that after (Y/N) mentioned it when she was caught wandering the halls after curfew. The map always tells the truth, we made it that way.

Sirius: Pettigrew is alive! And it's right there!

Sirius pointed at Ron but I knew he meant his rat, Ron flinched and tried to make it seem like he was invisible.

Ron: Me. He's mental.

Sirius: Not you. Your rat!

Ron: Scabbers has been in my family for...

Sirius: Twelve years? Curious long life for a common rat. He's missing a tow, isn't he?

Ron: So what?

I rolled my eyes at Ron's dumbness, everyone knows that the only thing that allegedly was left of Peter Pettigrew was his finger, how he could not see the connection baffled me.

(Y/N): All they could find of Pettigrew was his...

Sirius: Finger! He cut it off so everyone thought he was dead then he transformed into a rat. Let's show it, Remus.

(Y/N): He doesn't even know something that's common knowledge, guess I shouldn't be surprised on why he didn't make the connection.

In any other situation Draco would have let out a smirk but right now he was focused on Harry, trying to gain enough control of himself so he wouldn't do anything that would get him expelled.

Sirius took the agitated rat from Ron's hands, he tried to struggle against Sirius but wasn't strong enough, he kept yelling to leave the rat alone but no one listen, all eyes were on Sirius who pointed a wand at the creature, he put the rat on the piano and both him and Professor Lupin tried to reverse him back to a man while he tried to escape, he went to a hole on the wall when they were finally able to turn him back.

A man appeared his face similar to an actual rat, in front of us was the man that worked for my father, the man who betrayed his friends and got them killed, who used one of them as a scapegoat for his crimes while he disappeared and made the world think he was dead, in front of us was Peter Pettigrew.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1193