Grawpy

(A/N: I feel like this chapter was a little boring and, to be honest very sh*ttt but I wasn't very inspired as I wrote this, I might edit it if I end up feeling more inspired.)

(Y/N) Pov

Hagrid seemed to not pay a lot of attention to our reaction, after all, it was a pretty normal reaction, I mean there's a freaking giant in front of our eyes.

Hagrid: Down here, you great buffoon!

The giant's attention was on a bird that was flying around him, he turned around making the ground shake a little, his foot almost squishing as he did.  He quickly caught the bird as he clasped his hands together, almost taking Blaise's head off as well, Hagrid's mouth was open, his voice soft.

Hagrid: Grawpy. Brought you some company.

We got back up from the ground after the shock of seeing the giant's hands coming towards us.

The giant looked at us, I saw Hagrid move a little, almost going for a defensive position in front of us, the giant started racing towards us, pushing Hagrid out of the way and into the tree beside him.

We all walked backward, scared out of our minds, I thought about raising my wand and casting a spell but remembered Hagrid's fond look as we first saw the giant and that thought quickly left my mind. We continued to quickly scurry back when the giant got pushed back, and only then did I notice the rope tying him to a tree.

Hagrid: I couldn't just leave him, because he's my brother.

I sighed in relief and sat on the ground to take a breath to help me recover from the scare I just received. My heart was pounding in my chest, as I processed over Hagrid's words.

Fred/George: Blimey!

Hagrid: Well, half-brother.

Hagrid's brother bent down, getting closer to us and the other hurried back a little, but I just stayed sitting on the floor, too mentally exhausted to move, I just had the scare of my life.

(Y/N): For Merlin's sake, Hagrid. A little warning next time.

He gave me an apologetic smile, before turning to the others, giving them the same expression.

Hagrid: He's completely harmless, just like I said. Little high-spirited, is all.

Grawpy looked at Hermione and me, before picking us both up, we both released a scream as we were suddenly taken high up in the air, clutched in a giant's hand.

I saw Draco moving forward along with Blaise, their hands gripping their wands tightly as they glared at Grawpy. I quietly shook my head as so not to startle him.

Hagrid: Grawpy, that is not polite.

Fred: Hagrid.

George: Do something.

Draco: Hagrid, if he doesn't put her down in the next few seconds, I will make him.

Draco's voice was deep, his teeth clenched as his knuckles turned white from the grip he had on his wand, I saw Blaise nod in agreement from the corner of my eye.

Hagrid: We talked about this. You do not grab, do you? That's your new friends, (Y/N) and Hermione. Grawpy.

Hermione: Grawp. Put. Us. Down.

(Y/N): Now.

It seems that our stern voices were enough to make him put us down, and I'm glad it worked because Draco's wand was raised, and he looked furious and worried.

As we were put on the ground we were quickly pulled away by our boyfriends, Draco put his hands on my face and I gave him a small smile to ease his worries.

He looked me up and down before putting his arms securely around me.

Blaise: You all right? 

Hermione nodded as we looked back to Grawpy who now had a sad expression on his face, I felt bad but being grabbed by a giant a few feet up in the air was not something that was on my to-do list.

Grawpy walked backward, his expression non-changing.

Hermione: Just needs a firm hand, is all.

He seemed to be looking for something as he bent down, picking up something and then throwing it behind him as it was not what he wanted.

Helena: I think you guys got yourselves an admirer.

Draco didn't seem to like that one bit, as his grip on me got tighter and his glare got icier.

Grawpy seemed to have found what he was looking for as he turned to us again, this time with a bicycle handle in his hands, he touched the little bell on it, making the noise resonate around us, it seemed to have made him happy, he extended it towards us, waiting for one of us to grab it, it was sweet.

I went to grab it but Draco's protective stance did not move, or event in me from leaving his arms so Hermione, who had managed to get away from Blaise, took the bicycle handle as Grawpy nervously stood in front of us.  She looked at us, before touching the bell as Grawpy had before, making the noise resonate once again.

A smile appeared on Grawpy's face, making the rest of the group relax, Hagrid had a happy expression on his face as he saw us stop being so tense.

Hagrid: He get his own food and all. It's company he'll be needing when I'm gone.

I felt sad for them, I would do anything I could to stop Umbridge from sending Hagrid away, but thinking of how lonely Grawpy probably would feel if he did have to go away was heartbreaking, I could understand his loneliness, it wasn't exactly the same for me because Harry never went anywhere when we lived together, but I always felt lonely, after all I knew that the Harry I knew was hiding behind a mask, a mask that only came out as we discovered who we were and when I got sorted into Slytherin.

Grawpy now with the bicycle handle back in his hand sat down on the floor, happily touching the little bell.

Hagrid: You will look after him, won't you? I'm the only family he's got.

I nodded with a small smile on my face as I watched Grawpy cheerfully play with the bicycle handle, he was just a child.

.................Timeskip..................

We didn't stay long in the forest after that, the walk to the castle was still long and we now had a strict curfew, Draco, Blaise and I left for our Common Room as the others did the same, not wanting to have to deal with Umbridge.

We weren't even sitting in our usual seats for five minutes before Uncle rapidly entered the Common Room, looking pissed.

Uncle: That damn whiny brat!

The scowl on his face seemed to get deeper as he thought about whatever happened, luckily it was just the three of us students in the Common Room.

(Y/N): What has got you so annoyed, Uncle? I won't ask who because that comment made it quite clear who.

Uncle: It is not enough that that old geezer Dumbledore has forced me to give Potter Occlumency lessons, now I have to deal with him whining about wanting to rest and taking a peak in my head after getting angry that I mentioned his not-so-holy father.

I sighed, I knew how sensitive the topic of Uncle's time here in Hogwarts was to him, after all, he was the victim of cruel bullying and teasing. Relieving the memories of it as Harry entered his mind probably opened some old scars, I quickly looked around before giving him a fast hug as I heard footsteps approaching.

Uncle: Thank you, my dear. Your hugs always seem to make me think straight.

He gave me a small smile before turning to leave, I knew he was still annoyed, still wishing that he could hex Harry into oblivion but he was calmer as he turned, or at least pretended to be so as not to worry me, I knew he had seen the concern in my eyes as I hugged him.

Before he could leave or I could say anything, a small boy, probably a first-year, ran past the four of us, clutching his hand as he sobbed in pain, we all knew what had happened, Dolores freaking Umbridge, the ugly pink toad.

..................................................

Word Count: 1352