Moody's Class

(Y/N) Pov

After the lovely breakfast conversation, it was time for class, Moody's class, people seemed excited to learn from an ex Auror, students rushing to the front row seats, for the first time in all these years. Moody grabbed a chalk piece and wrote his name on the blackboard, it was silent the sound of his writing filling the air.

Moody: Ex Autor, Ministry malcontent, and your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher.

(Y/N): For this year, at least.

Draco snickered but put his hand in front of his mouth to stop himself, not knowing what Moody would do if he disrupted the silence, the man in the front of the classroom looked at me clearly having heard what I said but not doing anything about it.

Moody: I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story. Goodbye. The end. Any questions?

No one raised their hands, the excitement having turned into intimidation, fear after seeing the direct way of speech that came from our teacher.

Moody: When it comes to the Dark Arts I believe in a practical approach. First, which one of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?

Hermione and I raised our hands ready to answer, while everyone else looked too scared or shocked to speak, probably thinking that this isn't how they thought it would be, but I have a feeling it's going to get worse. He nodded in Hermione's direction letting her know she could answer.

Hermione: Three sir.

Moody: And they're so named?

He turned around to write on the board again and this time I answered.

(Y/N): Cause they are Unforgivable. The use of any one of them will earn you...

Moody: a one-way ticket to Azkaban, correct. The Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses can do, I say different! You need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared!

Students gulped at the tone of his voice, I knew this class would get worse since the way he was speaking hinted that we would be witnessing the use of those curses right now.

(Y/N): How to traumatize people 101.

Moody: And you need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk, Mr. Finnigan!

Seamus: No way! The old man can see from the back of his head!

Moody quickly turned around and threw the chalk at Seamus who ducked in perfect timing.

Moody: And hear across classrooms!

Seamus: Why does (Y/N) get away with her comments and I get chalk thrown at me?

I looked at him and waved my fingers with a sarcastic smile, Moody glared at the Gryffindor and no other comment was made about the subject.

Moody: So, which curse shall we see first?

His fake eye roamed from student to student, I was raising my hand cause I know everyone was petrified of the man teaching us, probably more than they would've been if they had looked in the basilisk's eyes back in the second year.

Moody: Weasley?

Ron: Yes?

By the shakiness of his voice, I wouldn't be surprised if he just ran outside of the classroom to lock himself in the first bathroom he could find.

Moody: Stand! Give us a curse.

Ron: Well... My dad did tell me about one. The Imperius Curse.

He's talking as if he never heard of the Three Unforgivable Curses, everyone knows them, wizards are taught their names before their own. So why is he saying "my dad did tell me about one", with such uncertainty when he obviously knows them. I rolled my eyes and mentally facepalmed, so annoying.