Letters

(Y/N) Pov

The days went by fast and before we even noticed it was time for everyone to go back to their homes, it was fun while it lasted though, we played Quidditch, went to almost every shop in London, watched movies and even met up with Viktor, Dimitri, Alexei, and Ilya.

Alexei joined the twins on their sulking, muttering how they were surrounded by couples, in other words, it was an amazing time. It looked like summer was passing by faster than normal or maybe it was just cause my life was really good right now, more filled you could say.

Summers at the Dursley's we're always so boring, slow, and pitiful really, we couldn't go anywhere, we couldn't meet anyone, and we were just put to work the minute we woke up, either it was cleaning, cooking, or any other whims they had, after I met Draco that changed, we would send letters back and forth, making that first summer much more bearable, after the second year everything changed, I went to the Malfoy's and summers became beautiful, I could do everything I wasn't allowed before but deep down something more was missing but now everything just seems complete, like a finished zigsaw puzzle, everything was peaceful, that is until news of Harry using the Patronus Charm to deal with some Dementors a few days ago started going around.

As I read Hermione's most recent letter, which talked about all of that and about her and the twins going somewhere together, I heard a tapping noise on my window and saw a beautiful owl that I did not recognize there. I opened my window letting the owl enter and settle on my desk, I slowly inched my hand so I didn't get scared when I would try to pet it, I grabbed a few of Nox's snacks and gave it to the owl before focusing my attention on the letters it had dropped on my desk as it settled in, I picked one of the two pieces of paper my eyes focusing on the seal displayed on it before opening.

°______________________________°

(Y/N) Riddle,

I don't particularly like you by my dear friend, Moonie, or as you are more used to calling him, Professor Lupin, says we should talk, that there are things I should know, things he just recently found out himself. That I should stop being a stubborn arse and hear them from you, so due to my respect for him I will. Let's meet and talk.

                                        S.B
_________________________________

I laughed at Sirius's letter, but I wonder what things Professor Lupin found, like is it something about Dumbledore being a two-faced liar? It could be, cause if not I'm not quite sure what he wants me to tell Sirius, but how could he know what actually happened, I mean I doubt he would leave a journal with everything written on it by chance so anyone could read it, he has been very thorough with his plan so far but it sure would make my life easier if he did.
With a sigh, I grabbed the other letter.

°_______________________________°

Dear (Y/N),

I hope you and Draco are doing well, If you open my letter first I want to apologize in advance for Sirius's predictable rude approach, the reason for all of this is that I recently acquired something your mother left for me before she passed, I'm not quite sure why it only reached my possession just now but it's contents were quite shocking for me, I thought I would feel quite divided after everything but I don't doubt your mother for one minute and she did send me some compelling evidence, as I'm sure you now have an inkling to what I am talking about I would like for us to meet to discuss this, along with Sirius of course, only Merlin knows what kind of trouble he would find himself in if I let him go alone.

                         Hope you are well
                             Remus Lupin

P.S.  I hope my owl doesn't cause you much trouble, I had to stop Sirius from sending his sense it bites.

_________________________________

I laughed at the letter in my hands once again, I can totally see why Uncle mocks them for being like an old married couple, they know each other so well. I skimmed the letter again before sighing and going to find my Father, that to no one's surprise was in the library.

Dad: Hello, my dear. You seem troubled.

I sat down next to him before showing him the letters in my hand, it was his side that I would be talking about after all, besides I wanted to make sure that this wasn't some play in Dumbledore's plan, I trust Professor Lupin with my life but in these situations all care is necessary, Dumbledore could have written those so he could use me to get to father and I would never forgive myself if I let that happen. I kept my eyes on him as he cast some quick spells and charms on the letters.

Dad: Well it seems, they are authentic, and nothing tells me these were written against their will but there's only much I can detect.

(Y/N): So what do think?

He quickly read both letters before sighing.

Dad: It seems your mother was getting proofs to take down Dumbledore, I honestly wish she had told me about it but I guess she knew I would try to talk her out of it. But she must have trusted him a lot to send them to him, it might also have been because he is in the Order but she still wouldn't have risked so much if she didn't trust him, only Merlin knows what could have happened if whatever she had fell into the wrong hands.

(Y/N): Should I meet them? Tell them?

Dad: Your mother trusted him, that says a lot, he seems to believe whatever she sent and she wouldn't have sent it if it wasn't something irrefutable so I say we risk it, it would be good for us to have someone that Dumbledore trusts so much on our side, besides Severus that is, and it would be good for when we are finally able to reveal the truth if we choose a place we can control, Severus, Lucius and I can be on standby if something happens and if they don't believe we can interfere and replace their Memories.

He grabbed a piece of parchment from the nearby table and wrote a time, date, and place, before handing it to me and kissing my forehead, I got up from my seat and went back upstairs to write a response. I guess this is it, no going back now.

............................................................

Word Count: 1133