The Fat Lady

(Y/N) Pov

It was now almost time to go back, Draco and I decided to stop by Honeydukes before making our way to the school, I couldn't stop smiling the whole way, students looked at me weirdly, I guess it must be strange for them to see me this happy, once we got to the gates, someone grabbed my hand, I looked at the person finding that it was Hermione.

Hermione: I'm afraid I have to steal (Y/N). Don't worry I'll bring her back.

I laughed and waved at Draco seeing him with a shocked but amused expression, she dragged me to the moving stairs, I wasn't quite sure where she wanted to go but I decided to just wait and see.

Hermione: So you and Draco?

(Y/N): We're dating. I was a little surprised when he kissed me but I guess it made me realize that we probably liked each other for a while now.

Hermione: Finally! It was infuriating to watch you guys act like you didn't have romantic feelings for each other. My ship has finally sailed. So proud.

I laughed at the way she was acting, she looked like a proud mother, but we had other matters to discuss.

(Y/N): Now, now, tell me why you have been using a time turner.

Hermione: Well I wanted to take Ancient Runs and some other classes but they overlap with the other classes I had already choose, so Professor McGonagall gave me a time turner, but if I'm being honest with you, it has been hard keeping up with all the subjects.

She looked down, I know how important her studies and grades are to her so I just hugged her.

(Y/N): Come on now, don't look so down. If there's someone who can handle it, it's you, the brightest witch I know.

Hermione: Thank you but we're still going to talk about you and  Draco.

I nodded my head but turned around when I heard footsteps, finding Harry, Ron, Neville, and some other Gryffindor students.

(Y/N): Maybe later.

Harry: What are you doing here, snake? Your Common Room is in the dungeons, you don't belong here.

(Y/N): You know, how about you shut up. You think you're so high and mighty but you can't even defend yourself from any spell or charm I cast...

I was cut up by Ginny running towards us, scared and alarmed.

Ginny: The Fat Lady! She's s gone!

Ron: Serves her right she was a terrible singer.

Hermione: Not funny Ron.

(Y/N): There's something incredibly wrong with you if you think this is the time to make jokes like that.

I looked to the entrance of the Gryffindor Common Room finding the painting ripped and Percy Weasley trying to control the students who were frantically trying to get close to the painting. Dumbledore and Mr. Filch made their way up the stairs and Dumbledore touched the thorn parts of the canvas.

I looked around, blocking out all the sounds and whispers, just trying to find the missing lady, a painting caught my attention, squinting my eyes to see I found the Fat Lady hiding behind a hippopotamus.

Dumbledore: Mr. Filch round up the ghosts. Have them search every painting in the castle until they find the Fat Lady.

Mr. Filch: There's no need for ghosts, Professor. Fat Lady is there.

All hell broke loose with students trying to make their way to the painting I knew Fat Lady hid at, Percy Weasley kept shouting he was the Head Boy but no one paid attention to him.

Dumbledore: Dear Lady, who did this to you?

Fat Lady: Eyes like the devil! A soul as dark as his name! It's him, Headmaster! The one they all talk about. He's here, somewhere in the castle! Sirius Black!

I froze and the murmuring got louder, I saw Hermione give me a worried look but I couldn't think about anything besides what I had just heard, Sirius Black just got into the castle, the man who will probably want me dead just entered Hogwarts, my heart was beating fast and loudly, my eyes focused on the wall in front of me when I finally snapped out of it.

(Y/N): Sorry Hermione, but I have to go, we'll talk about Draco and I some other time.

I quickly got out of there, not even waiting for a reply, once away from the stairs I ran to the Slytherin Common Room with my wand ready just in case. I stopped in front of our painting and whispered the password, the painting slid open and I looked around seeing Draco sitting in our usual place eating some candies from Honeydukes. I made my way to him and just hugged him tight. He put his hand on my head and didn't say anything, he knew that when I became like this the best thing to do was calm me down before I tell him what happened to make me panic like that.

My mind was coming up with the worst scenarios, the fear the Boggart took replaying like an awful movie, what would Sirius Black do if he gets to me or what he would do if he can't get to me so he decides to hurt the people I care about, Draco's comforting hug and warmth managed to calm me down a bit but I was still disturbed by the mere thought of him being in the castle.

Draco: What happened, love?

(Y/N): Sirius Black is in the castle, hiding somewhere. He attacked the Fat Lady.

Draco: Listen to me, nothing will happen, he can't get to you. Snape, me, and father will make sure of that, do you hear me? You're going to be fine.

He cupped my face and kissed me, once he pulled away he pushed it to his chest, his calm and steady heartbeat making me calm down and believe in his words, everything was a mess in my head right now but he was the only thing that made sense, being with him put me at ease even though I couldn't quite shake the terrifying feeling I had.

.............................................................

Word Count: 1033