[88] Kisses

She reads Dino's message first.

Sorellina?
Why did you drive off without saying goodbye?
Did I do something wrong?
Scorpia, let me know if you're okay?
Or that I should shut up. X

There's a second message sent shortly after the first...

Sorellina, I think you've seen Violetta with Thomas.
We're not exclusive.
If you want me to stay away from the cafe tonight,
just say so.
If I don't hear from you, I'll be there. Ti amo.

She smiles while she reads his messages, takes a sip of her tea, and sends him a message back.

My dear Dino.
Just read your messages now.
Grazie. Ti amo! XO

She stares at the messages from Thomas and Violetta and opens Thomas' first.

Scorpia?
I'm not sure what you think of me now and if I should even say something.
But I like Violetta. A lot.
But she's not sure about her feelings for me.
And what you witnessed was instigated by me.
Don't be too hard on her. She feels very guilty.

Scorpia chews on her cookie and thinks about Thomas' words. It's really none of her business. They have to sort their love lives out for themselves. If they do their jobs as they should, she should let it go. It can't all go as she wants it to.

She looks for Logan and sees him standing at the big table. He's chatting with customers and collecting empty glasses. She smiles as she looks at him and feels grateful for the unique love they have.

He turns around and looks straight into her eyes, walking over to her table. "Anything I can do for you miss?"

She shoots him a look full of love and says: "I could use a little love. But I can't find it on the menu."

Logan puts the full tray on the table and leans down to her. "That's not on the menu because I don't hand out my love to just anyone, miss. But I could make an exception for you."

She wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him close. She kisses him softly and he smiles against her lips.

He picks the tray back up and winks at her.

She watches him walk away and takes a sip from her tea.

She feels completely relaxed and decides to read Violetta's messages too.

Scorpia, I'm sorry.
I didn't want to...
Especially after you were so open and honest...
I don't know if you'll believe me, but I didn't want to...
Not with Thomas...
But I think he's kind and I think I haven't been very
clear with him.
Or with Dino. And now Dino...

Sorry again.
I hope this didn't ruin my relationship with you
Because that would break my heart more then this
stuff with the two men in my life.

Scorpia looks at the clock and sees it's nine-thirty. She fills her mug up again and calls Violetta. She picks up quickly and says: "Scorpia! How are you?"

"Hi, Violetta. I'm pretty good. I just read your messages. Didn't feel like reading them before. Was drowning in my own emotions."

"I'm sorry Scorpia. The last thing I wanted was to make things harder on you."

"It's okay Violetta. It's really none of my business. I felt betrayed for Dino. But Dino told me you guys aren't exclusive."

Violetta sighs and says: "I deeply regret ever saying that. I said that for him. Because I know of his reputation and I don't have a lot of free time to invest in a relationship. I thought that..."