[31] Trentuno - Smile

──────────────
ti amo = I love you 

sorellina = little sister
──────────────

Logan looks at the brace on his hand and tries to stroke Scorpia's cheek with it. It's clumsy and it hurts, but he manages to do it. The doctor walks back in and asks Ricardo to come over. He wants to stop the IV for a bit, to find out how Scorpia will do without the sedative. Logan wraps his arms around her and holds her close to him.

The second the doctor stops the IV, Scorpia starts to mumble. She becomes a bit wilder and Logan looks up at the doctor with worry in his eyes, but the doctor waits a little longer. He starts the IV again as soon as she starts to cry and barely audible, asks where Logan is. 

Scorpia calms down and Logan kisses her forehead. He looks at the doctor with sad eyes, who says: "I didn't expect it to work just yet. But we can measure her progress by how long it takes before she panics. We can't lower the dose right now, that's for sure. I'm sorry Logan." Ricardo sits back down in the comfy chair and breathes out slowly.

Logan whispers in her ear that he loves her and looks up when mamma walks in while speaking in a positive tone. "Good afternoon kids! Scorpia? I've brought your favorite food, chicken Alfredo!" She puts the pot down on the table and pulls plates and cutlery from her bag. She scoops some of the food on a plate, grabs some cutlery and makes her way over to Logan. 

Logan wraps his arm around Scorpia's shoulder before sitting up. Her head drops down to his shoulder and she sighs softly.

"Here you go Logan! Enjoy! Scorpia says she got her pretty behind from this dish." Mamma laughs and the brothers walk in. Dino hears the last part of what his mom said and blushes. Bruno and Ciro chuckle softly.

Logan looks at Scorpia and asks: "Guys? Is it me or..."

Bruno looks at his sister and says: "Damn. It looks like the start of a smile."

Logan whispers in her ear: "The hottest."

Bruno gasps and says: "Look!" A small smile appears on her lips and Bruno asks what Logan said to her. Logan looks at mamma with a look that says it all.

Ciro sniggers and says: "I think I know."

Dino says: "It seems like the doctor was right."

Mamma scoops pasta onto the other plates and asks: "What's the name of that hulk of a nurse?"

Ricardo laughs softly and says: "Ricardo mam."

Mamma says: "Well Ricardo, come, sit and eat." Ricardo is impressed by her too and sits down immediately. They all eat from the pasta, moaning softly with every bite.

Logan takes a bite and closes his eyes to enjoy the taste to it's fullest. He rubs some sauce on his lips and kisses Scorpia gently. She moans slightly and all heads turn towards the bed. Logan blushes and says: "Erm... sauce on her lips."

Mamma smiles at him and says: "That was smart of you, sweet boy." 

Mamma tries her hardest to stay positive, but it's clear to see that she's having a hard time with it all. She scoops the leftover pasta into a container and asks Ricardo if she can leave it in the room. That way Scorpia can taste or smell it again later. He nods and mamma says: "If one of you could take me home now, I have a lot of work to do."

She walks over to Logan and presses a kiss on his cheek. She says: "Keep following that heart of yours, sweet boy, and she will get back to you. I'm sure of it. Ti amo."