[25 ] Venticinque - Bath

──────────── 

pappa = father 

dannazione = dammit 

fratello = brother 

────────────

Bruno arrives at the apartment complex and parks his bike. He chuckles at the thought of Dino's frightened face. Mister mafia leader wasn't so tough on the back of Argento.

He walks through the front door and smells the food already. Lexy is stirring in a skillet with a smile on her face and the two boys are watching TV. He kisses Lexy and says hi to the boys. But they ignore him completely, glued to the screen.

Lexy giggles and says: "It's really exciting pappa." Bruno laughs and Lexy says: "A letter came for Scorpia. From a law firm. Seems Italian. I thought it might be smart to show you first." She hands Bruno the envelope, he reads the sender and instantly turns pale.

Lexy looks at him all worried and he mumbles: "What the hell?" He grabs his cellphone and sends a message to Dino. It doesn't take his brother long to respond.

Yeah, that's Salvatore's Law Firm.
Dannazione!
What do they want with Scorpia?
Are you going to give it to her?

Bruno sighs and speaks on a quiet tone to Lexy. "Salvatore's law firm."

Lexy's eyes go wide and she asks: "What are you going to do?"

"I am not going to hide it from her, because she'll never forgive me for it. I am not going to lie to her. I just need to find the best time to give it to her and Logan has to be there. In case..." Bruno violently rubs his face and says: "Fuck! I really hoped things would be better from now on."

Lexy hugs him and says: "Me too Bruno."

Bruno sets the table absentmindedly and suddenly hears: "Pappa! Kisses!" Bruno smiles at Enzo and picks him up from the couch for a hug and a kiss.

Lucas stands up on the couch and yells: "Me too!" Bruno puts Enzo down and lifts Lucas up.

Lucas hugs him with his entire body and Bruno says: "Auntie Scorpia's right. You give the best hugs."

Lucas asks: "Are they really out of the hospital pappa?"

"Yes. They're at uncle Logan's house together."

Lucas grins and says: "Good."

Lexy says: "Wash your hands, boys, dinner is almost ready." Bruno helps the boys and washes his own hands. They sit down at the dinner table and patiently wait for Lexy.

They eat together, while the boys talk their ears off. It's mostly about Scorpia and Logan and how the boys hope they will like all the new things in the cafe. Bruno's thoughts wander to his little sister and his phone starts to ring. He looks at the screen and sees it's Dino. Lexy nods at him and he walks away to pick up the phone.

Dino yells at the other end: "Reply to me fratello! Because I am worried now!"

Bruno says: "I'm sorry. I had to process it and we're having dinner."

"Sorry... but I am seriously worried. Please tell me he's not still able to hurt her."

"I don't know Dino. But I don't want to hide it from her either. I just need to pick the right time for this."

"Logan has to be there for sure."

"Yes, I was thinking the same thing."

"Dannazione! I really hoped we didn't have to test her mental stability anytime soon."