[67] Respect is earned

────────────────────

figli di puttana = sons of a whore
famiglia = family
figlia = daughter
a fanabla = go to hell!
bastardo = bastard
buona fortune = good luck
dannazione = dammit
ti amo = I love you
sorellina = little sister

────────────────────

Ciro parks right in front of the door and steps out of the car. He scans the street with his eyes, exuding confidence as he walks around the car to Scorpia's side. He opens the door for her and she swings her legs out, before getting up. She slowly checks her outfit and smooths out her skirt.

She says: "Knowing the big bosses are listening, means I will go in there fill force. Let's go."

Ciro looks deep into her eyes for second and his heart skips a beat. He sees Scorpia the killer and boss and is impressed. She takes a few steps and waits till he has locked the car. He puts his hand on her lower back and guides her into the restaurant.

The walk up to a table at the back of the restaurant, where three men are already seated. Scorpia stands in front of the table and shoots them all a condescending look. The men stay seated and she clears her throat. The men look up, but don't stand up.

"Are you all sons of a whore? Because that's the only thing I can come up with to explain why your mamma's didn't teach you to stand up. And if you weren't born from a decent Italian mamma I don't get why you made it this high up in the organization you represent. I would also like to add that I expected to meet with your bosses. I have absolutely no desire to waste my time on disrespectful figli di puttana. So get up and help me onto my chair. Now. Or I walk out of here."

Ciro gasps and stares at his little sister. Three phones start to ring, the men at the table look at them and get up immediately. They almost fight for a chance to help Scorpia onto her chair and she sits down calmly. She entwines her fingers and looks the men in the eye, one by one. "Well, the start of this meeting couldn't have gone any worse. Let's hope the food is decent. Because I doubt you want to ruin my mood any more."

She looks at the man right across from her and just knows it's Flavio's right-hand man. Because he looks the most scared. She knows Flavio threatened him and the other two guys show him respect.

"It's clear that I can just talk to you, because if we agree, so will they. It doesn't seem necessary for them to stay seated, right? And would you be so kind as to get Flavio on the phone for me? I like to speak to people directly, I hate wasting my time. I have children to save and I'm hungry."

Ciro turns around to look outside, because he has to laugh about the three guys shitting themselves. He knows all three of them and has seen them do the most horrible things, but right now they look like they could burst into tears any minute.He watches a black, stretch limo park in front of the door, as a dozen security guys gather around it. He grins, because he knows who the car belongs to. Scorpia made an impression, that much is clear. And judging by her body language she knows it.

Flavio walks up to the entrance of the restaurant, sporting a small smile on his lips. Ciro opens the door for him and gives him a respectful nod. Flavio walks over to the table where Scorpia is sitting with her back turned to him. The three capos get up at once and their eyes almost pop out of their sockets.

He lays his hand on the back of her chair and says: "They get up out of fear, but not out of respect. I have to do something about that. I'm glad you made a point of it. My mamma would turn around in her grave for that much disrespect."

Scopia turns her face to the side where the deep, rough voice is coming from and looks into the warm, brown eyes of Flavio. His face is full of scars and his square jaw gives him an impressive look. But his eyes show he's amused.