[40] Quaranta - Matteo

──────────────

ti amo = I love you 

sorellina = little sister 

──────────────

Dino drives to the hotel and parks in front of the entrance. Scorpia looks at the building from the outside and takes a moment to take it all in. She smiles and walks in with her head held high. She looks around at the reception, the marble floors, the lobby, and the restaurant. It all looks new.

A door opens and Ciro's head pops out. "Hello! You look like you're the boss!" He chuckles and invites Scorpia into the big office. There are two oak desks next to each other, with big bookcases against the wall behind it and comfortable leather chairs for visitors. Ciro says: "We can easily take one desk out. I thought it would be a good office for you because you can see the entrance, it's posh and close to the reception desk.

Scorpia smiles and says: "Smart thinking Ciro. But why take a desk out? Where are you going to sit?" She puts her papers and laptop down on the empty desk and sits down on the leather chair behind it. Ciro looks at her with his eyebrows raised. "What's wrong Ciro?"

"You want to share this office with me?"

"Of course I do. I expect you to run the day to day business and you know more about all of that than I do. And I don't want to call you for everything. I want to be able to ask you in person."

Dino walks out of the office and comes back in with a box full of sushi. Scorpia grins and says: "Oh Dino, ti amo."

Dino laughs and says: "Yes, I know what makes my sister happy."

They sit down at Ciro's desk and eat from the sushi together. Scorpia says: "Dodge Charger from around 1970."

Dino looks up at her and asks: "What?"

She repeats it and adds: "A black one. Buy me one. And a car for Ciro and one for you. Buy whatever you like. Oh and a family car for Bruno and Lexy. Can you do that for me?"

Dino grabs his phone from the desk and steps out of the office to make a phone call. He comes back in and says: "Charger will be here in thirty minutes." Scorpia smiles and nods at her brother, no longer surprised at how fast he gets things done.

She hears the Charger before she sees it and jumps up. She walks outside and admires the car stopping in front of her. A young Italian gets out of it, furiously wiping his hands on his overalls. Scorpia holds her hand out to him and looks him over.

He shakes her hand and says: "Good afternoon miss. I hope the car is to your liking." He hands her the keys and looks at her with admiration in his eyes.

Her face holds a friendly expression when she asks: "What's your name?"

"Johnny miss."

"Did you restore this car yourself?"

The young man nods proudly and says: "Yes miss. I work in my dad's garage."

"Do you want to continue to look after it?"

He stares at her in shock and Dino, who came outside too, nods at him. "I would love to miss!"

Scorpia smiles at him and shakes his hand again. "Good, you're my go-to mechanic from now on. If you follow Dino inside, you can discuss some details with my vice president. I am off to pick someone up with this beast."

She hikes up her skirt a little and gets behind the wheel.

Dino comes running and yells: "Wait! I want to take a picture!" He looks at the excited Scorpia, wearing her business attire and seated in the tough-looking Charger with a smile and takes the picture. She closes the door and starts the car. She pushes her foot down on the gas and races off, making the tires squeak. Dino chuckles and walks back inside.