[55] Marisol

Scorpia sits down behind her desk, picks up her phone, and calls Bruno. "Good morning brother. How are you today?"

"Good morning my sweet sister. I'm doing excellent. I'll be at the hotel tonight to teach my first boxing class there. Are you coming too?"

"Oooh fun. I'll be there. I just need to get gym clothes from home. Will you bring my gloves and mouthguard?"

"Of course! I'll see you tonight."

"Bruno! Wait! Did you buy a ring yet?"

"Erm... no."

"You ass! Go and buy one right now! And ask Lexy where and how she would like to get married. I'll see you tonight!"

She hangs up and makes eye contact with Bart. "Bart, I need to go by the cafe before tonight to pick up some gym clothes. Bruno is teaching a boxing class tonight."

Bart nods and says: "Okay. Tell me when and I'll take you."

She nods and reads through the mountain of e-mails waiting for her. There's a knock on the door and a nervous Esperanza appears in front of Manon's desk.

Scorpia says: "Esperanza. Good morning. What can I do for you?" The woman comes over to Scorpia's desk silently and Scorpia smiles at her. "Sit down and tell me about it."

Esperanza sits down and softly asks: "Manon told you about my old neighbor right?" Scorpia nods and waits for Esperanza to continue. "She needed a room too, but when she arrived... She's pregnant Scorpia... I didn't know."

"How old is she Esperanza?"

"Fifteen. She is about six months pregnant, but hasn't seen a doctor all this time... If I had known..."

"Where is she now?"

"In her room."

"Please get her for me. I want to talk to her."

Scorpia waits for Esperanza to leave and dials the number of the family doctor in the hospital. He is happy to hear from her and she explains what she knows about the young, pregnant girl. The doctor tells her to bring the girl over as soon as possible. Scorpia hangs up, rubs her temples and asks Bart and Manon to leave the office, to give the girl some privacy.

She looks up and sees an extremely nervous, but pretty girl walk in with Esperanza.

Scorpia says: "Please sit down ladies."

The girl looks at her, eyes full of fear, and softly asks: "Do I have to leave because I am pregnant?"

Scorpia says: "No. I do expect some things from you, but you definitely don't have to go. You don't know me yet, but I do not kick people in need out."

The girl visibly relaxes and Scorpia says: "Tell me everything. How did this happen and how are you feeling?"

The girl tells her that she became pregnant after having sex with her boyfriend for the first time. She was too afraid to tell her parents because they didn't know she was sexually active. She ignored her growing belly and hoped and prayed it would go away.

"Oh, sweetie. Now what? Do you want to keep the baby? Are you still in touch with the dad?"

The girl takes a deep breath and says: "I would really like to live here and work with Esperanza. Esperanza has always been like a second mother to me. I'm not in touch with the father of my baby anymore. He didn't want anything to do with me when he found out I was pregnant. My parents are really angry... I don't know. I don't think I can do this."

Scorpia studies the girl, sees the strength deep inside of her, and smiles at her. "What's your name?"

"Marisol."