[23] Ventitré - Evaluation

──────────── 

ti amo = I love you  

────────────

The doctor steps into the room and stops in his tracks. He smiles carefully at the relaxed-looking couple. "Good morning! I'm here to see how you two are doing and I want to discuss some things with you, before the psychological evaluation starts. I won't be recording anything or writing things down. You can ask me anything, it will not leave this room."

Scorpia gives him a calm look and nods.

The doctor stares into her eyes and asks: "What's changed since yesterday?"

Scorpia smiles and says: "I did some boxing this morning."

The doctor takes a step back from the bed and looks at Logan. "Is she any good?"

Logan smirks and nods. "You know Bruno, right? He was on the floor with a bleeding nose by the end of it."

The doctor moves his gaze to Scorpia and blinks a few times.

Scorpia chuckles and Logan presses a kiss in her hair.

The doctor says: "Oooookay. I'm impressed and a little scared. And I realize how lucky the medical staff has been. But it's a pleasure to see you this way Scorpia."

She looks at the doctor with a happy expression on her face and asks: "What's going to happen later doctor?"

The doctor gets a bit nervous and says: "They will split you two up. Because they want to evaluate you individually. They will try and get you to react to things, to see how stable you are. And to figure out how much of a chance there is that you relapse. They also want to come up with a personal plan for you. To get a clear view of what you want for your future and which steps to take to get there."

Scorpia nods and says: "I am kind of curious myself. But there are a lot of things I don't remember."

The doctor stares at her, a bit taken aback by her relaxed state and says: "You don't have to remember. And it might never come back to you. We just need to know what happens when you find yourself in a stressful situation and we need to know for sure that you won't get lost in the darkness deep inside of you. It's okay to panic, cry or get angry. The only important thing is you'll come out of it and won't end up stuck in the shadows of your mind. Do you understand?"

Her voice is soft when she asks: "I don't have to remember it all?"

The doctor says: "God no. What good would that do you? You still feel and remember everything that's truly important. Focus on that."

She turns to Logan and says: "Yes, focus on that." She kisses him softly and strokes his cheek.

──────

A couple of people in white coats enter the room with two wheelchairs.

Scorpia looks at the wheelchair and says: "Now that I'm awake, I'll introduce you to my sunny character. I will not be taken anywhere in a wheelchair. I'll walk there myself."

Logan chuckles as he looks at the shocked faces around the room.

She asks: "Are the evaluations taking place on the same floor?"

The doctor says: "In adjacent rooms."

Scorpia says: "Good. We'll walk there together." She gets out of bed and Logan follows suit. She grabs his hand and starts walking towards the door.