[44] Quarantaquattro - Sisters

──────────── 

grazie = thank you 

sorellina = little sister 

dannazione = dammit 

ti amo = I love you 

────────────

Bart drives Scorpia and Manon to a tiny boutique on a backstreet. A little shop that Scorpia would have never found herself. She looks at the outside with an intrigued look in her eyes and Manon opens the door for her. A young woman runs over to Manon and hugs her tight. Scorpia's assistant grumbles that it's unprofessional and the young woman stands up straight and mumbles a sorry.

Scorpia looks at the two women with amusement in her eyes and introduces herself: "Good morning. I'm Scorpia. And you two look like sisters."

Manon blushes and the other young woman looks at her with a kind, friendly expression on her face. "I'm Manon's older sister, Margot. This is my little shop. I always try to sell what no one else has. Vintage and new. I add things sometimes, to turn it into a one of a kind piece. I have gathered a bunch of pieces for you yesterday and I hope you like them."

Scorpia is impressed by Margot and says: "I can't wait Margot. This is exactly what I was looking for. And Manon? Stand up straight and be proud of your sister and yourself. There's no shame in bringing me to your sister's store. And even less so when she can deliver exactly what I'm looking for. Helping friends and family is always the right choice."

Manon smiles a bit relieved and Margot rolls a rack full of clothing over. "I picked items that are easy to mix and match. That seemed more fun to me than a suit." She shows Scorpia a black leather skirt and a fitted, black jacket with a red heart stitched onto it.

There are a few white blouses too, all with something unique. An uneven collar, colorful buttons, or an open back. She holds up trousers with a high waist, buttons, and suspenders.

Scorpia's eyes sparkle fro excitement and she says: "Put an outfit together that I can leave the store in. And do you have clothes for Manon too?"

Margot nods and points at the dressing room. "Go in there. I'll bring the outfit over to you." Scorpia takes her dress off and accepts the leather skirt, the jacket with the heart, and a blouse with red buttons. She puts the clothes on and loves the feeling of the leather on her skin. She checks herself out in the mirror and steps out to show it to Margot and Manon.

Margot stares at her with her mouth open and Scorpia spins around once to show it off. Manon comes out of the other dressing room, wearing a white blouse and a half-long wide skirt. Scorpia says: "That looks amazing on you Manon! Businesslike but still like a young woman. "

Manon looks at her boss and says: "You look tough like this. Different from all those other business women. I like it."

Margot asks: "Are you happy with it?"

"Yes, I am. This is my favorite skirt from now on. You didn't know, but I love leather. Do you sell shoes too?"

Margot beams and says: "I'm so glad. And no, I don't sell shoes. But I could."

"Okay. I'm a size 7 and I have the same taste in shoes as I have in clothes. Find me some and have them delivered to my office. And all the clothes on that rack too. I want it all. And I will reward you for it properly of course."

Margot bites her lip and Scorpia looks at her with a soft smile. "R-really? A-all of it? A-and shoes too?"

"Yes dear, I love it all. You've gathered exactly what I like. I am not going anywhere else for my outfits." She can tell that it's a bit too much to handle for the sisters and says: "I'll leave you alone for a bit. Take your time. I'll discuss some things with Bart and make some phone calls."