[47] Quarantasette - Boys

...gets pulled against a hard chest. Two strong arms lift her from the ground and pull her away from Dani. She tries to escape those arms and cries and screams simultaneously. She gets dragged towards a Dodge pick-up and suddenly realizes who is holding her.

"Ricardo?"

"Yes, Scorpia. Calm down! She's not worth the years of jail time. Do you hear me? Calm down! I don't want you to lose yourself!"

Her voice is soft and broken as she says: "The shadows are calling me. It's calm there. I don't have to do anything there."

"No! Salvatore's there! And Logan is lost there. You do not want to go there! I will not let you go there! Listen to me!"

She sniffles and says: "I've lost Logan already. I've lost everyone. I don't want to be here anymore Ricardo. I don't." 

She starts to cry uncontrollably and stops resisting.

Ricardo helps her into his car and drives off. He catches a glimpse of a bunch of Gentiles on the sidewalk, who seem to be beating Logan up. But there's no time to look at it longer. His priorities lie with the broken woman next to him.

He takes her to his apartment because he has no clue what happened and he doesn't want to make it worse by throwing other people into the mix. He carries her into the apartment and puts her down on the couch. She silently cried all the way over there and when he picked her up there wasn't even a hint of resistance.

He prefers her furious because she looks like she's given up right now.

He gets a glass of water and sets it down on the coffee table in front of her, sitting down next to her quietly. She has her arms wrapped around her knees and stares into nothing. Ricardo glances at his phone and notices a new message from Bruno to share what he has learned so far.

Dani has declared her love to Logan.
Scorpia gave Logan space to talk to Dani.
To explain to her that Scorpia is the only one for him.

She found Ciro and Dani having sex in her office.
And heard Dino had sex with her last night.
She tried to seduce me too.
Not that I wanted anything to do with her. Tramp.

Ricardo connects the dots in his head and is fairly certain that Scorpia found Dani and Logan together in a compromising position. He quickly lets Bruno know that he was just in time to prevent Scorpia from killing Dani. And that he doesn't have any details yet.

He notices that Scorpia has stopped crying and hands her the glass of water. She takes a sip and asks hoarsely: "Why can't I hide in the shadows if I really want to?"

Ricardo rests his big hand on her cheek and says: "Because you don't really want to go back there. Because you're not powerless and defeated. Because you're a strong woman, who is not going to let that cunt of a lawyer win."

She laughs softly and says: "You said cunt."

The corner of Ricardo's mouth points up a little and he says: "Yes, I said cunt. I'm trying to stay decent. But I had the pleasure to be victim to her antics too and I don't like her."

"What?"

Scorpia looks at him and asks: "What did she do?"

"She tried to force herself onto me when she came out of your hospital room. I told her I wasn't interested in a woman like her. A woman who stops for nothing and who enjoys another person's pain."

Scorpia rocks back and forth and wraps her arms around her body. "I trusted her Ricardo. I've been so incredibly stupid. I never should've trusted her. She went after all the men I love. I can't handle this..."