[48] Quarantotto - Balcony

─────────────

sorellina = little sister 

fratello = brother 

ti amo = I love you

 ─────────────

Ricardo sits down across from Scorpia and studies her face. It's clear that she's fighting through her emotions and he waits for her to speak.

Her voice is soft and full of doubt when she speaks. "I told Lexy that life would be a lot easier if I could be with someone like you. Live with you, no more hotel or cafe, and hug the kids regularly. Done. She told me to talk that through with you, in detail. I don't understand... I..."

She sighs and rubs her temples in a circular motion.

Ricardo starts to speak in a calming tone. "Scorpia, you are a beautiful, strong woman. And any man would be honored to call himself your boyfriend. But I am not the one for you. And I will not risk our special friendship and your sanity by pretending I am."

She looks up at him with defeat in her eyes and he sighs.

"Okay, hypothetically. You come live with me. If you don't go back to the hotel anymore, Bart and Manon will lose their jobs. Emilia won't be able to paint your nails anymore. You can't support all the people living there and they will lose their reason for working hard. There's Scorpia Enterprise on everything. Your name. You're the boss. You are the reason they enjoy life again."

He waits and gives her time to let it all sink in.

She looks up at him again and he says: "Imagine us trying to be intimate together... I would see the name of your one true love on your chest every time you took your clothes off. And I've had front row seats to your love in the hospital. I am convinced you two are made for each other. You can't live without him. It will break the both of you."

The tears stream down her face and she asks: "But how do you move on after you've witnessed the love of your life kissing his ex?"

"By talking to him at the very least. And it seems more plausible that she was kissing him, not the other way around."

She looks shocked and he nods at her.

"Scorpia, think about what you need to be able to move on. But don't throw everything you worked for away. You're the boss of that company. Ciro works for you. Let him feel it."

The back door opens and Bruno says: "Dino's here. Do you want me to kick him out?"

Scorpia shakes her head and says: "No. I'll be in in a minute. He can stay."

She stares deep into Ricardo's eyes and says: "I love you. And I sometimes wish I could love you in a different way. But you are right, as usual. Logan is the one, in spite of all the pain right now. I can't talk to him yet, but I can start by talking to Dino."

Ricardo smiles at her and Scorpia asks: "Can you promise me one thing?" Ricardo raises his brow and she says: "That we will do something a lot less mature soon? We are both way too young for all this serious bullshit."

Ricardo starts laughing and gets up. He lifts her onto his shoulders and she lets out a scream. "Jezus Ricardo! It's cold up here!" Ricardo laughs and Scorpia says: "Wait a minute... Could you take a few steps to the right?" Ricardo does as she asks and she giggles softly. "And two steps forward?"