[9] Nove - Giant

─────────────

sorellina = little sister

─────────────

Logan — – –

Logan had trouble keeping Lucas calm. The prospect of spending extra time with his favorite teacher and eating pizza, had the boy bouncing off the walls. And when there are no customers, it's fine, but most of the people in the cafe think kids don't belong here. And the later in the day it gets, the stranger the folk and he'd rather keep Lucas away from them.

He eventually managed to get him to sit down at the kitchen table, where he is drawing a picture at the moment and Logan hopes that the women will be here soon. He hears the bell at the entrance ring, followed by his sister's laughter. He looks at Lucas, who is focused on his drawing and walks out of the kitchen.

"Lex, Lucas is seated at the kitchen table. He was bouncing through the cafe, but he's drawing now."

Lexy says: "I'll set the table with Lucas. The pizzas were a gift from Pia's uncle", and carries the pizza's into the kitchen.

Logan raises his eyebrow at Pia and says: "It's not a thank you this way."

Pia laughs and says: "Next time you can try and convince Mister Gentile that you want to pay for them, okay?"

Something shines in his eyes when he asks: "Next time?"

Pia blushes and says: "Erm... Yes?"

They jump up when they hear a little voice yell: "Miss Pia! Uncle Logan! Dinnerrrrr!" They burst out in laughter and Logan guides her into the kitchen.

They sit down and Lucas looks at his teacher with wide eyes. "Ohhh, it's very short again. Pretty!"

Pia smiles at him and says: "Thank you, Lucas."

Logan whispers: "Yes, very pretty. And easy with the helmet."

Pia blushes and checks to see if Lucas and Lexy heard him, but they are talking to each other. Pia looks into Logans' eyes and winks at him.

The corner of Logan's mouth moves upwards a little and he asks: "Hmm, what do we have here? A Lucas pizza, pepperoni, and what is this one, Pia?"

She smiles and says: "Diavola."

Logan says: "That sounds hot."

She chuckles and says: "It is. Salami, mozzerella and a lot of peppers." Logan confidently grabs a slice and takes a big bite out of it. Pia looks at him amused and grabs a slice of the spicy pizza too. She takes a bite and keeps her eyes focused on Logan, to see if he can handle the heat.

She became immune to spicy food as a kid because Italians prepare everything with garlic and pepper. But Logan eats it happily and grabs a second slice. The bell above the cafe door rings and Logan excuses himself.

Pia grabs another slice and looks at Lucas, his little face is covered in cheese. Lexy winks at her and says: "Yes, I'm sure you can tell that pizza is his favorite food."

Lucas attempts to clean his face with a towel and tries to whisper at his mom. "Mommy? Is it bad? Do I look ugly?"

Lexy looks shocked and Pia says: "You look like pizza is your favorite food. And that's not ugly, that's beautiful." She winks at him and he grins at her. He takes another bite of his pizza and Lexy shoots Pia a grateful look.