[4] Quattro - Mamma

────────────

zia = aunt

ti amo = I love you

mamma = mom

pappa = dad 

nonna = grandma

sorellina = little sister

grazie = thank you

fratello = brother

dannazione = damn

────────────

Logan — – –

Logan looks at the disastrous state of his kitchen with a wide grin on his face. He made pancakes with Lucas, but most of the batter didn't make it into the skillet. It's literally everywhere. And the little monster is asleep on one of the benches, his hair is standing up and he's sucking his thumb. He looks at the boy for a minute, before quietly starting on the cleaning.

His thoughts wander to the moment that Lucas let go of his hand and ran away. The memory of that moment makes his heart race. He doesn't even want to imagine something happening to Lucas. Lexy would never forgive him for it. Lucas is her everything. And he watches the boy every Saturday, while she works in the hair salon.

Lucas got his looks from the Brewsters, with his grey eyes and ginger hair. En according to his grandma, the boy is the spitting image of Logan as a kid. He steps onto a chair and wipes the batter from the ceiling, while the image of a slim hand with dark red nails appears in his mind. He sees the hand in his and then that same hand around a glass of vodka. He almost loses his balance and barely manages to save himself from falling.

He gets down from the chair and runs his fingers through his hair. He closes his eyes and tries to think clearly. The red nail polish means nothing, a lot of women have red nails. That doesn't mean it's the same person. It's not possible. The mysterious woman is nothing like miss Pia. They both have short hair en dark eyes, but that's where the similarities end. He shakes his head en starts to clean again, to make sure it looks decent before Lexy walks in.

────────────

S — – –

She is lying on the couch, watching cartoons, when Bruno drags himself out of his bedroom. He says: "Mornin. Ooh, I smelled the coffee already. Want another cup?" She sits up and nods. He picks her mug up from the table and walks over to the kitchen. 

He comes back, puts the two mugs on the table, and sits down next to her. He yawns and stretches out. He looks at the clock and sees it's noon already. He grabs his mug and takes a sip. "I am seriously getting old now. It takes this body til noon to recover.

She chuckles and nods. He says: "You don't have to agree with me Scor. You could say I still look great or something." She looks at him from head to toe and shakes her head. He puts his coffee on the table, grabs her mug to put it away as well, and starts tickling her with all he has until the tears stream down her cheeks from laughter.

They catch their breaths and sit up again. She lies her head on his shoulder and lets out a sad sigh. He wraps his arm around her and says: "It will all be fine. Just think of how happy mamma is going to be."