[71] Please Hear Me

Ricardo asks: "Scorpia? Did you dream in those three days? Or is your mind drawing a blank there too?"

Scorpia blushes and says: "I did dream. Of Logan. Uhm... erotic dreams."

She looks at Ricardo a bit shy and he says: "I understood from Logan that his dreams were of the same level. Which explains why you didn't want to wake up. You two were in a beautiful, safe world, without any sorrow."

She nods and takes another sip of water.

"Logan's nephew woke him up. You eventually got kissed awake by Logan. What do you remember of that moment?"

"I thought I was dreaming when he kissed me. At some point I heard my nephew cry and that's when I woke up a little more. But it felt like I still had one leg in the shadows."

Ricardo nods and says: "Yes, I felt like that for the medical staff too. Like you weren't completely there. And you panicked at the thought of being without Logan."

"Yes, it was like the shadows kept on telling me that I was going to lose Logan again. And I truly believed that the second I couldn't see him anymore, he would be gone forever. It felt like the shadows grabbed a hold of my ankle to keep me in the shadows."

Ricardo talks about the planned evaluation and how Scorpia's family decided to take her to the gym in the hospital before that. To try and get her back with the help of her memories about boxing.

"Can you tell us your side of that story, Scorpia?"

"Yes. Although I'm not sure I can explain it properly. I heard the music I always listen to during my warm-up. And I felt the jump rope in my hands. I started to jump and entered the boxing world in my head. I started to box against my brother and when I knocked him to the floor, I used up my last bit of energy on the boxing ball.

Once I was nice and tired, I saw Logan sitting in a wheelchair, crying. I ran over to him and asked him what was wrong. He said that he thought he'd lost me forever."

Ricardo pours some more water for her and himself and sits down again. "What did you feel in that moment? Did you remember anything?"

"I felt good, strong, like myself. I just didn't understand the hospital band around my wrist. I didn't know where I was either. I recognized Logan and my brothers, I knew I was in a gym and I knew I just boxed.

But I had no memories of how I ended up in the hospital. I tried to remember things, but that resulted in flashes and a horrible headache. When people told me what happened, I knew it was true. But I couldn't see it in my head. I only saw the moment I heard that Logan was found."

She takes a few sips of her water, knowing the hardest part is still to come.

Ricardo shares the needed medical information again, including the evaluation and how Logan managed to get her back. He adds that there was one condition to Scorpia's release; that Logan would be near her at all times.

Ricardo takes a sip of water and shares his vision on her recovery at that point in time. "To be honest, I didn't expect to ever see her again. Not as a patient. She was so strong and the love between her and Logan was incredibly special. I was convinced that they could weather any storm together.

So when I got the phone call that they were racing her over to the hospital and that I had to get a sedative ready, I lost a little hope. She was living proof that sedating people and tying them to beds was not the only option, something I believed in for a while."

He looks at Scorpia and notices the panic in her eyes. "You're doing fantastic Scorpia. I am so proud of you. We're going to get through this last part together. This is the most important part for our research. We have to share this with others. Could you share what caused the panic this time?"