[54] Self-respect

They are lying on the couch together. Scorpia has her head on his chest and runs her fingertips over his tattoo. He strokes her back and tells her about the night out. "Three of the guys took someone home. Dino with two girls, Ricardo with one and Ciro... with a guy."

"What? How do you find a guy to take home there? Unless... bouncer?"

"Yep. According to Bruno he is erm... well not picky I guess."

Scorpia giggles and says: "Yes, age, skin color, gender, it really doesn't matter to him. But Ricardo took someone home too? I'm glad."

"Bruno yelled at him to take the girl inside first because it was cold outside."

Scorpia bursts out in laughter.

"What did you think of it all, Logan?"

"Bruno invited me over to look at the pictures behind the bar and when I recognized you, I looked at them closely. Frank showed me a photo album with pictures of the monthly winners. Welll, winner."

Scorpia blushes and says: "Yeah, that made me feel uncomfortable. And some girls hated me because of it. But it's not an issue that I worked there?"

"No, Bonnie. Why would it be? I just wish I went over there when I moved here. I could have stared at you back then. Frank shared his expensive whisky with me by the way."

"What? The one he keeps in that locked cupboard?"

"Yes, that one. And he said if I ever wanted another one, I should come over."

"Wow, Logan. He never shares that with anyone. Not even Brad."

"Bruno praised me a little. Frank obviously noticed the tattoo when we took out shirts off. So we explained what Bonnie means. And Bruno said I was the only man for you."

Scorpia looks up at him and sees the slight blush on his cheeks. "No lie there, handsome Scot." She kisses him deep and slow and climbs on top of him. He moans and runs his fingers across her sides. "Mmm Logan. I hope you're not tired because we're not sleeping any time soon."

Logan grins at her and smacks her ass. She squeals and puts her hands on his chest to push herself up. She licks her lips and moves her hips.

"Oh hell."

She wakes up in bed the next morning and with an arm tightly wrapped around her waist. A warm breath brushes her ear and a smile forms on her lips. She keeps her eyes closed for a little bit longer, enjoying this relaxed, protected feeling. She puts her hand on top of his and strokes his brace and fingers. 

She hears his croaky, sleepy voice and gets goosebumps all over.

"Morning, Bonnie." He pulls her close and kisses her shoulder.

"Mmmorning Logannnn."

He chuckles and softly says: "I love it when you stretch my name out." She turns around to face him and kisses him slowly. He looks at her with loving eyes and asks: "Do you have to go to work early today?"

She kisses him again, before answering. "No."

Logan pushes her onto her back and kisses her neck. "Mmmm, so there's time for a full breakfast?"

"Mmm yes."

He bites her neck and she lets out a startled yelp. His mouth moves to the skin right above her collarbone and he sucks on it.

She pulls his hair and moans: "Logannnnn."

He chuckles and says: "Nothing beats a warm breakfast in bed."