Chapter 31: Last Saturday Night

I poured myself a cup of orange juice as I looked at Christine who sat across from me at the table, having a bite of her toast. I looked at her and realised that she seemed more vibrant today. Was it because of the extra sleep we had yesterday?

I heard footsteps coming into the lounge and I turned to see Zoey approaching the table.

"Morning, girls," she said as she drew out a chair next to mine and sat down with a bright smile on her face.

"Morning," Christine and I answered at the same time.

"You ladies look very bright this morning," she said as she took a plate and placed it in front of her.

"So do you," said Christine as she took another bite out of her french toast.

"I guess the sleep we had really worked wonders," I said.

"Really?" Zoey asked as she looked at me and held her cheeks with her fingers as though she was massaging them. "Do I look like extra extra pretty?"

I smiled at her. "You've always looked pretty, Zoey."

"Morning, people," said Mike as both him and Daniel appeared and came straight for the table.

"Morning," we answered him. I gave Daniel, a bright smile. He smiled back.

"What's with Zoey feeling like she's all pretty?" Mike asked as he took a seat right next to Christine and Daniel sat right next to Zoey.

"Can't you see that I'm glowing?" Zoey asked as she beamed at Mike. "Sam says the extra sleep we had must have helped."

"Enough sleep is good for the body," said Daniel as he took the jug of orange juice.

"Are we going to meet with the others today and finish up on the song?" Mike asked as he looked at me.

"I haven't communicated with either of the two groups yet," I said.

"Mmm..., funny," said Zoey as she lifted her toast and looked at it like she was observing it. "I haven't been on my phone since last night."

"Really, that's all you can think about?" Christine asked.

"Well..., I guess we were all tired and needed a break. Besides, last night was quite fun."

"Tell me about it," said Daniel as he held a slice of toast and took a bite.

After we went to catch up on sleep yesterday afternoon, we woke up around 7PM and we all met in the lounge where we ended up playing board games with Lee. Before supper, Collins arrived and joined in on the fun and we told him about our progress on the new song. After supper, we all sat down to watch the Korean drama series, "Boys Over Flowers." We went to bed an hour early before our usual bedtime.

"We should have more sleeping hours, don't you think?" Mike asked.

"With what we are working on right now, I doubt it," I said. "Maybe after we finally head back home."

"This album is going to kill us," said Zoey as she leaned her head back and looked up at the ceiling in frustration.

"You have to check up on these guys and ask if we're going to meet," said Christine as she looked at me.

"After breakfast," I said. I took a sip of my juice.

As we continued to have our breakfast and talked about the snakes and ladders game we had yesterday, Lee and Collins came into the lounge. Lee was taking down something on her tablet while Collins talked to her, almost like he was giving her instructions. I couldn't hear what he was saying because he talked in a low tone and Zoey at the same time was the one talking at the table.