Chapter 27: "Sweet Like Sugar."🍭

After the meeting which took almost forty minutes, we had an hour of vocal rehearsals in one of the studio rooms in preparation for our performance. Afterwards we found ourselves in different rehearsal dressing rooms. In the girl's dressing room, we were changing into our outfits and getting our makeup and hair done by the makeup artists and hairstylists. There was so much giggling and chatting amongst us. It was like we had all gone out to a beauty parlor to make ourselves look pretty. It felt really nice and apparently, Zoey read my mind about us girls going there someday.

"You know what, girls," Zoey said, who sat opposite me. "We should all go out someday to a beauty parlor or something."

"I agree," said Lisa who was sitting next to me, facing the dressing mirror, just like each one of us. There was a hairstylist doing her hair.

"Or we can have a girl's sleep over," I suggested.

"That sounds awesome," said Christine who was seated on my other side.

"The boys had theirs last time," said Jennie. "It will be so much fun if we have ours."

"Will it be okay if we can invite another k-pop girl group in the mix?" I asked.

"Who are you suggesting?" Jisoo asked.

"RedVelvet."

"Oooh, that will be great!" Zoey said excitedly.

"The more we are, the merrier," said Rosé.

"True," said Lisa.

Seconds later, I looked up at the mirror as my hair was being done and I saw Lee and Ji Yeon come into the dressing room.

"Okay, ladies, we will be live on stage within thirty minutes."

I looked at the time on my phone which was laying on the table in front of me close to the mirror. It was only 10:50, so that meant we were supposed to be done before 11:30. We had to perform before the music video was released at 12.

"Don't worry," said Zoey. "We will be done by then and we will all be looking gorgeous."

"Hopefully, you won't be annoying on stage too," said Ji Yeon.

"You just read my mind," said Lee.

"Am I?" Zoey asked as I saw her through my mirror, face the two women.

"We all know you are," said Christine.

"Hey!" Zoey now turned to look at Christine.

Most of us in the room laughed, including those doing our makeup and hair.

"If I had come here earlier, I would have told the makeup artist to make you look like a clown, Zoey," said Ji Yeon, with a smirk on her face.

"Coming from you, I wouldn't be surprised," said Zoey.

I smiled at the two and I realised I was going to miss having Ji Yeon around. Including Ji Nun, though we, The Toxins, had Ji Yeon as our choreographer. I got used to them because they reminded me of Jimmy, our choreographer back home. Zoey might not admit it, but she was going to miss Ji Yeon too.

Just seconds later, Mike was at the door, already dressed up in white. The five of us Toxins were going to be in all white today. Lee and Ji Yeon made way for him with puzzled looks on their faces.

"Mike, what are you doing here?" Lee asked.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but did Seungri pass through here?" Mike asked.

"Why would he?" Rosé asked.

"Umm, it's nothing," he said. "You wouldn't want to know."

I raised an eyebrow at him through the mirror. Something was definitely up with these guys. Well, there always is.