Chapter 35: Christine's Crisis

I stretched out my arms above my head as Yong-guk lead the way to the elevator down the hall. It felt so good that I couldn't help but sigh in delight.

"Oh, ya," I muttered to myself after dropping my arms. "That's the stuff."

"We overworked ourselves back there, didn't we?" Christine asked, walking behind me.

"We did. But we managed to come up with really good lyrics for the song."

"And it's all thanks to you," said Yong-guk as he stopped to turn and look at me.

"Nah," I waved him off when I stood right beside him. "It was all a team effort. I just did what anybody else would've done."

"Which is?" Yong-guk had his eyebrow raised.

"Helping out," Christine answered. I turned to smile at her and she did the same.

"Let's just hope we get to do the same with your piece."

"I'm not worried since we've the two of you around." Christine looked at Yong-guk and I.

"Just because we're songwriters doesn't mean you have to leave us doing all the hard work," I said.

"Ya, I know." Christine had her hands on her waist. "But that doesn't leave out the fact that you two are good at what you do."

"Let's not start comparing ourselves here or else some of us will point out things that aren't necessary."

"Like what?" Christine asked as Yong-guk continued to lead the way while she and I followed.

"I won't say," I said as I stared at the ceiling, avoiding Christine's eyes.

"You want to say something concerning me, don't you?" Christine was walking beside me this time.

"No." I could tell we were approaching the elevator, but I still stared at the ceiling.

"I know you do. It's written all over your face."

I turned to look at her and smiled.

"Okay," said Yong-guk as he stopped a few feet away from the elevator. "Christine, the ladies room is right at the end of this hall." He pointed down the other hall to his left.

"Thank you, Yong-guk," said Christine as she smiled at him, then turned to me and the smile completely disappeared. "Our conversation ain't done."

I shrugged my shoulders and she walked past me to the hall down the left. It's now only Yong-guk and I.

"I see Zoey and Mike aren't the only ones who love to have a go at each other," said Yong-guk.

"Christine and I only like to joke around," I said, "Zoey and Mike are the ones who really get suicidal with their arguments."

"I've noticed." Yong-guk turned towards the elevator and pressed the down button to summon it. "Looks like you've got your hands full with those two."

"Tell me about it." The elevator doors slide open in front of us.

The elevator was empty and we got in. The doors closed and Yong-guk pressed the button to where we had to go.

"Well, I think you handle them nicely," said Yong-guk.

"The one you should be praising is your brother." My eyes flew to him.

"Oh..., really?" Yong-guk looked a little puzzled.

"Did you see how he handled them when they were about to argue? Even I've a hard time trying to get them to calm down. But he did it in an instant."