Chapter 16: Boys' Night Out (Part 1)

Mike's P.O.V

"You guys were so awesome yesterday," said Jennie as she walked right next to me as we headed towards the YG main building. "It's too bad that you didn't win."

"If you ask me, we were way better than they were," said Zoey.

"I totally agree," said Lisa, nodding her head.

"Can we please stop talking about yesterday," I said.

"What's wrong with you now, Mike?" Zoey asked as she turned around so as to look at me.

"Nothing, I just want to get myself ready for tonight. And talking about the dance battle isn't doing me any good."

"What's for tonight?" Jisoo asked.

"Oh, it's nothing really," said Daniel.

We were now walking into the lobby and heading straight to the elevator.

"He's just saying that because something awesome is going on tonight," said Christine.

"What's happening tonight?" Rosé asked.

"It's nothing," I cut in quickly before Zoey could blurt anything out. "It ain't important."

"Well, it's important to me," said Zoey as we reached the elevator.

Daniel pressed the down button to the summon the elevator. "Give it a break, Zoey," he said. "You've been on us about it since morning."

"No, I haven't," Zoey defended herself.

"Yes, you have," said Christine, giving Zoey the eye.

"About what?" Lisa asked. "You guys really like leaving us anticipated over everything."

"Tell me about it," said Jennie.

The doors to the elevator slid open and we all stepped in. Before the door closed, I looked over at the main entrance to see if there was any sign of Sam or anyone coming with her from the studio.

"You should have seen Zoey this morning," said Christine immediately the doors closed and she pressed one of the floor buttons. "She couldn't stop pestering the boys."

"Over what?" Jisoo asked. "We've been asking that a million times already. She was also pestering them during practise so we were wondering what was going on."

I looked over at Daniel who wanted to answer. He caught my eye and kept his mouth shut. But I gave him a nod to go ahead anyway.

"She wants to join Mike and I tonight to attend a baseball game," Daniel answered.

"You're a fan of baseball?" Rosé asked as she looked at Zoey.

"Yes, I am," said Zoey.

"No, you're not," Christine, Daniel and I answered at the same time.

Zoey stamped her foot on the elevator floor. "Dang it!"

The doors soon flew open. We had reached the shower rooms and we all stepped out of the elevator.

"But why can't she join you?" Lisa asked.

"Because, it's a boys' night out," I answered looking at Zoey. "And no girls allowed."

"Oh, who are you going with?" Jennie asked.

"EXO," Zoey answered. She still didn't sound too happy that we will be going with them.

"I bet it's going to be a blast," said Jennie giving me a huge grin. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks heat up for a moment.

"We better go get ready," said Daniel as he already started his way heading to the right side to the boy's shower rooms. "Let's go, bro."