Chapter 4: From Times Square to Dance Square

Lee's P.O.V

I was so tired as I sat on the chair which I had been sitting on for so long that my butt hurt so bad and all I wanted to do was stand. I was just piling up the last documents Collins and I had been passing through earlier on in the morning in a file and I had never felt so relieved that I was done. I leaned back further on my chair and blew out a sigh. A sigh of relief.

The past two days have been pretty packed and I've been up and down all the time without a chance to relax. The only time I ever did was when it was time for bed. But even then, I still had to wake up early and get to work. Well, being Collins' assistant is what I signed up for. So I had no reason to complain.

Why should I complain? So far, being an assistant manager isn't as bad as I thought it was when I signed up for the job two years ago. That was almost the same time The Toxins were discovered and signed their record deal.

I really love my job. It's pretty involving and requires me to be here and there all the time. When I not only got to work with Collins, but also with The Toxins, my job became a concrete part of my life that I never wanted to let go of.

Collins is strict and wants everything to go according to plan, but he isn't half as bad. I got to see that when he first discovered The Toxins and those five monkeys managed to break him down, bringing up a softer side of him only a few people ever get to see. I know as manager, you always have to set your limits and put up a straight face, but I can tell you, that Collins is one heck of a friendly person and we became very good friends over the years.

And another reason I love my job is because of The Toxins. Those five came like an unexpected wrapped up bundle of joy in my life. With them, there is never a dull moment and they always make my work easier. Well, let me rephrase that: most of the times harder. But that only makes everything about them so memorable. I remember the first few months after they signed their record deal and they were all put under pressure to do their best. That period was nerve wrecking for them and even for me. But the one thing I loved about them was that they never gave up on who they were and that's how they have managed to make it this far.

As I remained seated and thought of all those times with The Toxins, I finally realised how much I missed them. I haven't been around them a lot these past days and I really wanted to know what's up. I felt a little left out and I didn't like that at all.

Not that I'm acting like a mama bear or anything, I've always cared for The Toxins. We are all like one big family. And as a friend, they also tend to confide in me for anything. Mostly Sam because she's a leader and always has to look out for her team. Whenever she needs advice or help, I'm always there to help in any way I can.

I looked at the time on my wrist watch and I realised it was fifteen minutes past twelve. I was supposed to check up on The Toxins and I completely forgot.

I quickly grabbed my phone on the dining table in front of me and I quickly dialled Sam's number. I put my phone to my ear and waited for her to pick up the call.

"Hi, Lee," said Sam when she finally answered.

"Sam, hey," I said. I was so exhausted, I rubbed my forehead. "Are you done with practise? It's lunchtime."

"Ya, we're done with practise."

I waited for her to say something else and then realised a strange noise in the background.

"Sam, where are you?" I asked. "You seem to be in some noisy place. Are you in the dance studio?"

"No, we aren't in the dance studio."

"Then where are you? In the live room recording something or what?"

"Truth be told, we aren't at YG."