Chapter 46: Another Disappearing Act

Sam’s P.O.V:

We were back at the café, where we had dumplings. It was the only place we could sit and talk, as there weren’t many people. Zoey, Mino, Lee, and I sat in one booth while the others sat in the next one. Mike and Daniel remained standing, watching what might unfold in front of them.

Lee, in her aunt outfit, really looked like an angry one as she said, "You really have a lot of explaining to do, Zoey. What were you thinking about going over to that club? Do you really want Collins to hang all of us?"

"I was just going to talk to Johnny." Zoey tried to defend herself. "I wasn’t going to do anything stupid, I promise."

"Then why didn’t you tell us what you planned to do?" I asked. "And don’t tell me that you knew I was going to refuse."

Zoey opened and closed her mouth instantly. She was going to say exactly that.

"You know very well that Collins told us not to get near him," I continued. I turn to Mino. "And were you really going to follow through with her plan?"

Mino shook his head. "I did try to tell her that it wasn’t a good idea," he answered. "Now I wish I was a bit firm with her."

I sighed. I had no reason to be mad at Mino. Zoey can be persuasive sometimes. Moreover, there’s no denying that he likes her a lot and would do anything to please her a little.

"Okay, now that we have Zoey," said Mike, "can we have some fun, like, for real? We can’t end this night with a sour mood, right?"

"I agree," said Zoey. I quickly looked at her, and she covered her mouth. Right now, she has no right to suggest anything, not after what she did.

"Yeah, you can hang out if you want," said Lee as she leaned back on the seat. "I’ll go back to the car. This search for Zoey really got me so worked up that I need a breather."

"What?" Christine came up from behind the booth, looking down at Lee. "I thought you wanted to try out those shoes that we saw earlier. And they are in your favorite color."

"Yeah, come on, Lee," said Zoey. "Shopping isn’t fun without you. If you want, I’m going to accept any punishment you give me."

Lee raised an eyebrow. "You went too far this time," she said. "How sure are you that I’m going to forgive you?"

"Because you see me every day, and staying mad at me is pointless," Zoey answered.

"I couldn’t have thought of a better answer," said Daniel.

"Smart," said Lee. "But you’ll need a lot more than that to convince me to go shopping with you."

Zoey turned to look at me, and I shook my head, telling her that even I don’t know what Lee wants. It’s best she figures that out for herself.

"Come on, you guys," said Jungkook, who now came over by the booth. "We’re in Hongdae. We can’t let this opportunity slide. I can guarantee that we’re going to have a lot of fun."

"Come on, Lee," said Christine. "Jungkook does have a point. Who knows if we will ever get to come back here with the busy schedule that we have? Let’s take advantage of the situation."

Everyone else started to chip in, doing his or her best to convince Lee. In the end, she gave in.

"Okay, fine," said Lee. "But let’s remember to keep a low profile. We don’t want to attract attention to yourselves."

"Yes!" Zoey cheered loudly. "I knew you would come around."

"I’m only doing this because Jimin, Jungkook, and Mino are here." Lee folded her arms as she looked the other way. "Don’t think you’re off the hook, Zoey."