Chapter 9: Lovestruck

Sam's P.O.V

Just as Taeyang and I were about to get out of the car, Daesung and Seungri appeared, coming out of the apartment building. I called them a few minutes ago before we parked outside telling them to come help us out with the groceries.

"Hey, guys," said Seungri, cheerfully as we got out of the car. "Did you guys get a lot of stuff?"

"Ummmm, we did, actually," I answered as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and closed the car door.

"We better start taking these things up," said Taeyang as he went to get some of the grocery bags at the passenger's seat.

"You don't worry about the bags, Sam," said Daesung. "We'll take care of it from here. You must be exhausted."

"Oh, no, it's fine," I said. "I wouldn't mind carrying some at all."

Seungri went to open the other side of the door to the passenger's side and found Christine seated there staring at her phone.

"Oh, I completely forgot that Christine went along with you guys," said Seungri.

"Christine," I called out to her. "Can you please get out of the car so that we can get the groceries?"

Christine didn't respond and kept on looking at her phone as though I hadn't said a word with a weird crazy smile on her face. She had been like that for a really long time now. Seungri and Daesung looked on at her while I rolled my eyes and Taeyang on the other side had already carried some grocery bags in his hands and was ready to go up to the apartment.

"What's wrong with her?" Seungri asked.

"She's been like that since the whole way here," Taeyang answered.

"Mind telling us why?" Daesung asked.

I looked over at Taeyang and he also looked back at me. I didn't know what to say about what happened at the store. Although it was easy enough to spit it out, for some reason, I couldn't.

Seungri and Daesung looked at the both of us, wondering what was going on.

"Aren't you two going to say anything or are you going to just stare at each other?" Daesung asked.

I scratched my head. "Well, it's complicated."

Seungri looked on at Christine and bent over to stare at her more closely. He waved a hand across her face. She didn't budge or react at all. She was as still as a statue.

"What's wrong with her?" Seungri asked again as he looked at me. "Because right now, she's looking like a lunatic and that worries me."

"Sam will tell you," said Taeyang. "She'll explain it better than I ever will."

"Tae, but...."

I soon realised that it was no use stopping Taeyang as he walked up the stairs to the entrance and entered the lobby. I looked on as he went. Now, I was all alone to give an explanation to Daesung and Seungri. A pretty dumb one if you ask me.

"What's going on, Sam?" Daesung asked. I turned to look at both him and Seungri. "One thing's for sure, something happened to Christine for her to be in this state and you're going to tell us why."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't. I went on to look at Christine and she was still smiling like a fool, staring at her phone and tapping on it, doing whatever. Only Taeyang and I knew why she was behaving like this. It seemed unfair to keep the others in the dark. They were bound to find out eventually.

"Okay, fine, I'll tell you," I said. "But can we get her out of the car first?"

"Christine?" Seungri called out to her as he held her shoulder and shook her.