Chapter 29: Distractions

So, as it turns out, the rest of the BTW members did want to meet up and talk about the album. It was obvious. They were upset and wanted answers. Sadly, I couldn't really give them what they were looking for.

While I waited for the other members to arrive, Daniel, Christine and I were seated on the floor while Zoey was pacing up and down with Mike seated on the couch. We were working on the song. So far, we had an idea of what the song would be about. We started working on the chorus first.

"Okay, so the first part of the chorus," I said as I looked at my notebook, "'I want to sing a sad song tonight, but there's nothing in my head.' What do you think?"

"Why would a sad song be in your head?" Zoey asked as she continued to pace up and down.

"Don't you always think about what you want to sing?" Mike asked. "And when you're heartbroken, you definitely want to sing a sad song. Although, we do things without thinking sometimes."

"Oh, okay."

"I think it's good, so far," said Daniel who sat next to me. "What will come next?"

I scribbled something down. It didn't seem right so I cancelled it out with my pen. "Nah, that didn't seem right," I said.

"Come on, Sam, you have to think," said Zoey as she looked at me.

"What if you mention about being heartbroken in the next line?" Mike asked.

I thought of what Mike said and I started to write while I sang the lyrics, "'I've been heartbroken many times and these are one of those days.' How does that sound?"

Christine blew a kiss in the air, "love it. Let's continue."

Some lyrics sprang in my mind and I quickly wrote them down while singing, keeping the tune I had in my head. "'I try to find a song to ease the pain, I try to find a song that suits my mood.'"

"Alright, we will inform you if there will be any changes," said Lee as she was on the landline. "Thank you, have a good day."

After the call, Lee came over to us with her hands on her waist.

"It's nice to see all of you like this when you've a song to write," said Lee with a smile on her face.

"If it wasn't for us making an album, I wouldn't be here," said Zoey as she continued to pace up and down.

"We all know that. But you don't have much time and it's good Sam is pushing you all."

"Ya, but it's going to be tough," I said as I looked up at Lee.

"It's nothing we can't handle," said Christine. "When the others are here, I bet we will work much faster."

"Trust me, the first thirty minutes they get here, they will be complaining like crazy," said Lee.

"Well, at least I got to complain earlier," said Zoey.

"You're still upset and you know you can't complain any more since Sam told you to keep quiet while we all think," said Mike.

Zoey threw him a look. "Just mind your own business," she said. "We have a song to work on."

Mike just shrugged his shoulders while Daniel and I just shook our heads at her and went back to looking at my notebook. Soon, the landline started to ring and Lee groaned in frustration.

"Looks like you also have too much on your plate, Lee," said Christine.

"You've no idea," said Lee as she went over to the landline and picked up the call.