Chapter 36: Yong-guk's Offer

"Okay, so here are the lyrics for the song," I said after writing them down.

Everyone's attention automatically turned to me. They all fell silent. I read out the lyrics first then sang them out.

"So, what do you think?" I asked, addressing the question towards BAP.

"Just admit it," said Zoey, "the song is awesome."

"Zoey." Christine gave her a look that told her to keep quiet. "Let the others take it in first."

"Zoey's right," said Daehyun. "The lyrics are great."

"I now get what Daniel said," said Zelo, "the song is meant to be sad, but it's fun to sing. You can hear it with the way Sam sang it out."

"You should listen to the tune," said Mike. "You'll love it."

"I bet that's why you went searching for the guitar," said Jongup as he looked at me.

"Play the guitar, Sam," Himchan insisted. "We're all dying to hear it. I bet Yong-guk can't wait any longer."

"Huh?" Yong-guk looked at Himchan beside him, looking confused. "No, I'm not."

"Of course you are," said Yong-nam as he gave his brother a raised eyebrow. "Don't forget, I'm your twin."

"Okay," I said as I took the guitar that had been laying on the table the whole time. "Let me play it, then."

I positioned the guitar properly before me with my crossed legs supporting it. Before I started to strum the strings, I took in a deep breath. I played out the tune first. Afterwards, I started to sing out the chorus. It wasn't long so it ended sooner than expected.

"Wow," said Young-jae, looking at me like he's just seen something's dazzled him. "The song's going to sound awesome."

"Thanks," I said. "Oh, before I forget," I reached out for the pencil on the table and started to write something down. "We also worked on the first verse, but we couldn't finish it up yesterday. We were having a little trouble with the words so we want to see what you guys think."

"Alright," said Yong-guk, looking to see what I was writing on the paper. "Whatever it is, I bet we can handle it."

"Can't wait to see you try," said Christine. "But then again, if it's you two l'm not worried."

"There you go again, Christine," I said after writing down the lyrics. "Okay, here we are." I laid down the pencil aside on the table.

I felt Jongup lean closer so as to see what I had written. I leaned to the side a little, but his blond hair almost covered my face. I couldn't help but take a sniff. His hair smelt really nice. Well, this seems unusual. I tried to lean away further so as not to smell him.

"Come on, Jongup," Zelo complained. "You're distracting Sam. We all want to hear what she has written."

"I don't think that I'm distracting her," said Jongup as he looked at Zelo. "Right, Sam?"

It's when he turned his head to look at me that I yelped and leaned back further than before, almost falling to the floor. Instead, I ended up leaning on Yong-nam.

Jongup looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. It's either he didn't know what he was about to do or he knew and was just playing dumb.

"What's wrong, Sam?" he asked.

I suddenly blushed. He really didn't know that he had almost planted a kiss on me. Anyway, it's best not to tell him. I hope the others hadn't noticed.