Chapter 28: We Are Making An Album

After I yawned and stretched on my comfortble bed, I turned around to the side where I could see the window. It was morning alright and a Saturday too. That meant I could sleep till whenever, but at the moment, I didn't feel like sleeping in late since I was already awake. I sat up on my bed and checked the time on my phone that had laid next to my bed lamp all night as usual. It was only 6:55.

I kicked away the bed covers and stood up from my bed. I continued to stretch some more before making my way to the bathroom. Zoey was still fast asleep. I really admired people like her who knew they had to sleep in on a weekend.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face a little to help me be wide awake, I went back in the bedroom, wore my sleeping gown and bed slippers, then made my way out of the room into the hall. It was quiet. So quiet that I could hear the noise of the traffic outside as I made my way into the lounge. There were cars honking, cars accelerating unto the road and some people calling out to each other as they went about their daily business.

I made my way to the balcony, opened the door and stepped out. The air outside was nice and refreshing. I looked down the balcony where I could see the main road outside the hotel premises. Even on a weekend, people still seemed to be busy, most of them, I bet, were going to work. Others were probably going somewhere spending the weekend with their friends and families.

As I continued to look around the town, I heard someone coming closer behind me. I didn't turn around immediately as I said:

"Morning, Daniel."

"Dang it!" Daniel muttered as he came to stand by my side. He was also in his sleeping robe. "How did you know it was me?"

"I don't know," I said as I smiled at him. "Maybe it's because you're always trying to get back at me for creeping up on you sometimes."

"That's because I never hear your footsteps. You're a cat, remember?"

I laughed. "I know. Why are you up so early?"

"I just woke up. I thought you would be sleeping in too."

"Just like you, I also woke up."

"Yesterday was fun, wasn't it?"

"Ya, it was great."

The two of us continued to look out around the city of Seoul from the balcony. We didn't say a word as we just stood there and watched for a while.

"I'm hungry," said Daniel as he broke the silence.

"We can order breakfast right now while the others are asleep. But no sweet stuff for you," I warned. "You had too much yesterday."

"I know, I know."

The both of us went back inside the lounge and we found Collins by the hotel landline. Hopefully, I thought, he was ordering our breakfast.

As soon as he put the phone down, he turned to look at us.

"I was wondering who was out at the balcony," said Collins. "I was expecting Sam or Lee to be up, not you, Daniel."

"I know, it's an improvement," said Daniel with a smile.

"Did you order our breakfast?" I asked.

"Ummm, no, actually, someone called," said Collins.

"How come we didn't hear the phone ring?"

"As soon as I came in, the phone started to ring and I picked it up immediately."

"Oh, who was it from?" Daniel asked.

"Some reporters want an interview with you guys over your new single with BigBang. And also on BTW."