Chapter 41: Johnny Trouble

"Okay, guys, let’s take a few minutes break and continue afterwards," Yong-guk spoke into the microphone.

As soon as I took off the headphones, I could hear everyone around mutter a little in frustration. They are tired, and I couldn’t blame them, since I was too.

So far so good with recording the song. But we had to make a number of pauses here and there when Yong-guk or the producer felt the need to change tune. All we need to work on now was the last verse and backup vocals.

"Is it almost night time already?" Daniel asked as he was one of the first to walk out of the recording booth.

"Someone wants to sleep, I take it?" Lisa asked.

"Who doesn’t?" Mino asked. "Doing this gets a little tiring even when you enjoy it."

A lot of us understood what he meant. The fatigue is slowly starting to get to me too.

"Lee is out to see the managers," said Yong-guk as soon as everyone was out of the booth.

"I need to use the ladies’ room," said Zoey. "Sam, will you escort me?"

"Ya, sure," I agreed.

"I’ll come with you too," said Christine.

"Anyone else want to come?" Zoey asked the BlackPink members, already settled on the couch.

"Oh, I’m good," said Rose. "I’m not sure about the others."

The other three members said they were okay.

"Looks like it’s the just the three of us," said Zoey. "Let’s go."

"Be careful out there," Yong-guk said to us as we went for the door.

"We will," I said as I drew the door open.

We found one of the guards standing by the door. The other guard who was with us last night must have escorted Lee.

"Going somewhere, ladies?" the guard asked.

"We need to use the ladies’," Zoey answered.

"Alright, don’t take too long."

The rooms were just at the other end of the hall, so I could feel the guard’s eyes on us as we walked. As soon as the three of us went in, Zoey quickly started to look around, checking the toilet stalls if there's anyone.

"Okay, there’s no one here and I couldn’t be any happier that it’s the two of you who are here with me," said Zoey after she finished looking around.

"Um…, I seriously just want to go," said Christine as she entered one of the stalls. I went into the other one.

"Ya, I know," said Zoey. "I’m just glad that it’s you guys who came here with me."

"What is running through your mind, Zoey?" I asked as I drew my pants down to take a leak.

"Oh, nothing. I was planning to just stay in here for a while and take some time to myself."

I raise an eyebrow. I’m not buying it. As soon as I was done, I drew up my pants, flushed the toilet and walked out of the stall.

"You’re lying, Zoey," I said as I passed her to wash my hands by the sinks.

"How am I lying?" she asked.

"You want to sneak out of here and find Johnny. In fact, since we came here with you, you plan to convince us to do so."

"Okay, you caught me," she said, raising her hands in surrender. "I really want to get him and squeeze his neck."

"That’s called murder, Zoey," said Christine from her stall. The sound of the flushing toilet came afterwards.