66

Sick fic bc I'm weak

He groans, pulling the covers over his head and turning away from the window. He didn't want to go to a meeting today. His throat burned and his chest ached. He starts to get up, only to double over coughing. 

He's gasping and wheezing at the end of it, the pain in his throat now worse than before. He wants to skip the meeting entirely and just chug cold water, figuring he already causes enough problems for the others, he didn't need to add to that. 

He shoots Cali a quick text with a promise not to bother anyone for a week if Cali can cover for him. He has maybe 25 minutes, the meeting will go a lot faster without him antagonizing people. He takes the chance to get to the kitchen for water and nearly collapses the second he gets there. Everything is spinning and his head is pounding, he just wants to lay down. 

He gets himself a glass of cold water and an extra pillow before heading back to his room. He's finished the water by the time he gets there, so he just sets it down on the table by his bed and lays down. Everything burns and his chest feels like it has a rock on it. He's trying to get comfortable for what feels like forever before he has to stop because he starts coughing again. 

He leans back into the mountain of pillows and blankets he's made before he starts to overheat again, struggling to kick the sheets off and onto the floor. Once the bed is clear enough, he figures maybe he'll be able to fall asleep.

Just as he thinks he might actually fall asleep, he starts coughing again, making his headache significantly worse than before. He groans, hands going to pull at his hair, he wouldn't bother anyone with this. He'd be fine. 

He stands, maybe he'd be able to refill his glass before the meeting ended. But, he stands up too fast, and he's already tired and lightheaded, so he has to lean on the doorframe to avoid  collapsing entirely. He could do this.

He shuts his eyes, telling himself he just needs to rest his eyes for a minute, and he'll get there before the meeting ends. He doesn't.  

--

It wasn't the first time New York had skipped a meeting and it wouldn't be the last. He's wandering aimlessly around the house for a bit, bored. 

He stops when he sees Florida with his eyes shut, leaning against the doorframe for a support. Florida starts to lean too much forward and he rushes over, moving to catch the other before he falls. He curses silently, pulling Florida up to walk him back to his bed.  

Florida seems to notice the change, clinging to his arm for support . 

"Please stay" He buries his face in New York's shoulder. 

"I want to check your temperature, I'll be back." He reassures Florida softly. 

Florida shakes his head desperately, grip on New York's arm tightening, "Please- don't leave me."

"I'll be back, I just need to get something." Florida lets go, immediately curling up and facing away from him. 

New York ignores the dull ache in his chest and walks out as silently as possible. The meeting would be ending soon. 

--

There's a cold weight on his forehead and he realizes someone is talking to him. 

"You have a fever-"

"I could've told you that." He cuts them off, trying to glare at them, it's New York. "I didn't think you cared about me." He mumbles, leaning more into his pillows. 

New York freezes, "What?" 

He hums, pulling the blanket up, "I jus' thought-"

"Well I do," New York yanks the blanket back down, "you're going to overheat" he glares at the other. 

"Well I feel cold." Florida reaches for the blankets again, "give me the blanket or I'll cough on you." 

"Excuse me?" New York keeps the blanket out of his reach. 

"You're excused." He sits up, trying to grab the blanket. 

New York stops him by wrapping an arm around his torso. He pauses, looking at the blanket, then back at New York. 

"This works." He sits up, collapsing against New York immediately.

New York sighs, "if I let you do this, will you shut up and sleep?" 

"Yes." Florida grabs his shirt for support so New York wraps an arm around him and leans back. 

"Fine, you're lucky I love you." His eyes widen slightly when he realizes what he said. 

"I am," Florida grins, curling more into his side, "love you too."

--

New York wakes them both up coughing. 

"Sorry?" Florida's voice is still raspy and he shifts slightly, "I love you?"

"That isn't going to work." New York pauses, "I love you too." He flushes slightly at how Florida beams. "But seriously, I need water or I will kill someone." 

Florida laughs, letting him get up.

"Bring me some too!" He rolls his eyes when he hears Florida call after him. 

"Get it yourself!" He calls back, smiling softly. 

Ending things properly? Don't know her