71

Tw: unhealthy relationship and manipulation

"Just remember I can do better."

He stops, giving a nervous laugh and looking over at her, "what?"

She doesn't reply, more focused on her phone than replying to his question. He shifts uncomfortably for a moment, before going back to his switch. He tries to focus on terraforming his island, he had to add cliffs and fix the river next to his house. He keeps glancing back, he doesn't get around to fixing the river.

"Hey, I was thinking-" Florida starts, walking in grinning.

"I'm busy," she cuts him off, taking his phone and walking past, "why are you so happy anyway?"

He pauses, blinking slowly, "That's my phone." Confusion is clear in his tone.

"Yeah, and?" She replies like it's nothing, "I need to know you aren't trying to cheat on me."

"You don't trust me?" He wouldn't go through her phone, he had no reason to, right?

"I'm just checking your phone, why are you being so manipulative?" There are tears in her eyes when he makes eye contact.

"I wasn't trying to be, I'm sorry-"

"Whatever." She tosses his phone onto the counter next to them and walks past.

He stands there for a moment after trying to figure out what to do next.

"Where are you going?" She's standing in the doorway, glaring at him.

"To see Loui, I told you earlier." He replies, trying to hold his ground.

"So you don't want to spend time with me?" She crosses her arms.

"I do, but I want to see Loui-" He wasn't going to lie to his friend and he didn't need to cancel.

"Do you not love me anymore?" She sounds like she's about to cry.

"What?" He never said that, he just wanted to see his friend.

"Why are you spending so much time with him?" Her tone is getting more aggressive and she steps toward him, he steps back.

"Because it's my friend-" He's going to be late.

"Fine, I'm going to see someone." She pulls her phone out, "have fun."

"Who-"

"Why do you need to know?" She glances over at the clock, "aren't you going to be late."

He stuffs his hands in his pockets, ignoring the lump in his throat. She was right, he was going to be late. She scoffs as he steps past her and he doesn't look back.

"Just remember I can do better."

"I don't want you talking to him anymore." California steps slightly closer to the door.

"What? That's my friend-" Florida starts from the other side.

"You don't act like friends." Someone he can't recognize immediately replies.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Florida sounds slightly panicked so he steps in.

"What's going on?" He glances between Florida and IDC, waiting for one to explain.

Florida opens his mouth to explain but IDC starts before he can, "nothing." She sounds angry as she shoves past him to leave.

He glares at her as she leaves. He turns to face Florida, "That sounded controlling-"

"It's fine," Florida keeps his eyes trained on the ground, "I'll talk to her about it later."

California steps back so he can leave, "if it gets worse, tell me."

Florida pauses, "I'll try."