Episode 51: Kicking Up a Sandstorm

"Why did it have to be a desert...?" Areion droned out as he gazed upon his surroundings with Nicole, Spicy, and the Chao. Ever since the group had split up with Sonic and Tails with their separate objectives with the duo going in search of the Chaos Emeralds and the trio seeking out Eggman Nega as well as Blaze to learn more of the current situation.

As of now, Areion and the others found themselves wandering into a dessert then came across the ancient ruins of an Egyptian City with numerous pyramids and a few Sphinxes scattered about.

Spicy walked ahead of the group and looked around in wonder of the place

"Wow, I never thought that I would to a place like this." Spicy said in awe.

"First time experience can give that kind of feeling." Areion held his hand out and in a flash of blue pixels, a water bottle appeared and held it out to Spicy "Here, we can't afford you getting dehydrated in the desert."

"Thank you very much." Spicy gratefully took the water bottle and took a deep drink to quench her thirst "Do you think Eggman is around here?"

"I am, I performed a scan of the area and I am detecting multiple Badniks in the zone." Nicole responded in affirmation to the question.

"We'll work on clearing the out along the way while searching for tha rotten egg." Areion said with the Chao chirping in agreement.

"O-okay." Spicy a bit nervously, she took a few steps forward when the ground suddenly broke apart underneath her and she feel into the hole "Aaaaahhhhh!"

"Uh oh!" Areion jumped into the hill to dive in after the young girl.

"Help me!" Spciy cried in fear.

"We're coming!" Areion shot jets of fire from the soles of his shoes to propel himself forward and increase his falling speed to reach Spicy and wrapped his arms around her "Gotcha, now hang on!" he flipped forward for his feet to point at the fast approaching ground and use Burst Hover once again, soon their fall slowed down to the point of hovering a few feet over the ground. Areion placed Spicy on the ground and began to check her over "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, thank you for saving me." Spicy said in gratitude and admiration, getting Areion and Nicole to sigh in relief "But where are we now?"

Nicole scanned through area before speaking up "It appears to be an underground labyrinth of sorts."

"In other words, a minor detour. We'll just make our way out and find Eggman." Areion said with a shrug, he crouched down on one knee with his back to Spicy "Hop onto my back and hold on tight, it's much faster and safer this way."

"O-okay Areion." Spicy climbed onto Areion's back as a few Chaos Arms appeared and wrapped around her waist and rose to his feet.

"Alright then, let's rocket!" Areion crouched slightly before taking off at high-speed with Nicole flying next to him with her digital wings active.