Episode 8: Deceptive Fight and a Jungle Run

Areion quickly ducked a fiery swipe before performing several backflips to build some distance from his current opponent whom he has no intention of fighting.

"Neko stop this! Why are you attacking me?!" Areion said while taking a defensive stance.

"I'm sorry Areion, but I must defeat you if you continue to aid the Iblis Trigger. For the sake of the future." Blaze said as her claws were still lit in flames.

"What do you mean by that? Who told you something like this?" Areion asked although he had an inkling as to who told her and probably Silver.

"Mephiles told us about you and the blue hedgehog..." Blaze said.

**Flashback Start**

Blaze and Silver were walking along the streets of New City in Soleanna, they had gone to Eggman's base over at White Acropolis in search of Sonic only to find he wasn't there though they found a blue Chaos Emerald which Blaze told Silver to keep it as a lucky charm

They were on their way searching for information of the hedgehog's whereabouts when they ran into a familiar figure ahead of them.

"Mephiles..." Silver said, the person showed no reaction but it was listening. "I need to ask, who is the Iblis Trigger and why does he want to destroy the world?"

"...Why does that matter to you?" Mephiles said. "Unless you complete your task, your future will remain the same...forever."

The duo remained silent, unable to reply to his words.

"He's currently at the terminal station, it's now or never if you want this."

"...Okay then Mephiles, we'll be on our way then." Silver was about to leave with Blaze when Mephiles spoke up again.

"I must warn you that the Iblis Trigger isn't working alone, he's being help by an accomplice."

"Who is this person we should look out for?" Silver asked.

"I do not know his name, but be on the lookout for a boy with whirlwind-shaped hair, wearing a school uniform."

Blaze's eyes widened in shock as she instantly recognized whom he was talking about. "Areion is helping the Iblis Trigger? But how could this be?" She thought.

"Got it, we'll be on our way to the train station. Blaze let's go!" Silver said before running off.

Blaze snapped out of her musings and ran after him. "Okay I'm coming!"

**Flashback End**

"Upon arriving, Silver and I split up as he went after the blue hedgehog while I was waiting for you to appear. I was hoping that Mephiles said wasn't true but seeing you here has proven others." Blaze said as she shook her head in disappointment.

Areion clenched his fists in anger upon what he heard. "That no good, I oughta Mega Punch him in the face."

"He must have deceived them again after escaping from our fight back at the future." Emerl said in anger.

"That's the only possible way we can think of." Areion thought before turning to Blaze. "Neko, I need you to listen to me, Sonic and I aren't the enemy, we're trying to prevent the Flames of Disaster from being unleashed."