Episode 66: Cooling Down Before Heating Up

"Man-o-man, it's been a long time since I ran these roads, but I know they weren't these bad the last time I was here." Sonic said thoughtfully.

"So Sonic, just what is this place?" Areion asked as he and Emerl looked around their current surroundings. The Gizoid was still carrying the restrained and unconscious Scourge.

Sonic had told them that they need to move at speeds higher rhsnnnormbal which for them through a void and ending up in what could be best described as a highway with numerous roads twisting here and there but certain parts were seriously damaged.

"This place is the Cosmic Highway which a nerd would describe as anew trio of roads leading to various zones/dimensions, I use to come here and not give a thought when I met my dimensional counterpart Zonic who's basically a Zone Cop, he clued me in on the multiverse be connected through this place."

"Think he could he could help Nico and I get back home then?" Areion asked.

Sonic shrugged in responded as they ran "Maybe, let's ask him when we find him."

At that moment, Scourge stirred awake."What the, what's going on here?"

"Hey guys, looks who's finally showed up. Although we preferred that you kept on sleeping." Emerl said.

Scourge snapped his head to scowl at the Gizoid and human "You two! Where are you taking me, and why can't I move?!"

Areion pointed at the paper tag on his forehead "That's cause of the Paralysis Tag I slapped on ya, it completely arrests your ability to move. Perfect for guys like you who won't let themselves get caught."

"And as for where we're taking you to the Zone Cops where they'll put you away so you won't be a pain in the neck for anyone." Sonic added.

Scourge growled at that "Like hell I'm gonna let in an inter dimensional cell, I won't let you!"

"Big words from a guy who can't move."

"Just take this scrap of paper off and I'll give you a demonstration!"

"For one, we're not stupid to fall for that. And another, the three of us can bash you much quicker there's no one to get in the way or help you. Keep in mind." Areion retorted.

They were suddenly disrupted fr their conversation wen two figures appeared before them with one calling out.

"Halt you're in violation of Multiverse Lockdown Act!" Areion and Emerl looked at the person to realize that he looks like Vector except he wears a hi-tech military uniform and the other was Espio donning a similar uniform as both were aiming gauntlet-mounted blasters at them.

"Hold on, bud! I'm Sonic the Hedgehog! From the Prime Zone!" Sonic identified himself.

The Vector lookalike still aimed the blaster at them "We can't make exceptions, sir. Please don't resist."

"Fine, fine. I wanted to see Zonic anyway."

The Vector lookalike then put his blaster down with a sigh in relief "Whew. Thank you, sir."

"Guess they're the Zone Cops, right?" Areion asked with arms crossed.

"Yeah, they're Zector and Zespio...yeah all their names starts with 'Z'," Sonic explained, noting the weird look on Areion's face then he tuned to Zector "Aren't you guys supposed to be, y'know, sideways?"

"Spatial rules are a bit more lax here." Zector tossed a Warp Ring and activated it "We're about to enter No Zone, so prepare your Spatial Adjusting,"

Areion quirked an eyebrow at that "What's that supposed to mean?"