Episode 11: A City Tour for a Hero

A few miles away from a massive island known as the South Island, a a pair of waves moving across the sea at high-speed towards it. We take a closer look to see one of the sources of the waves was non other then the world famous Sonic the Hedgehog who is well knows for being the fastest animal ever known. Running alongside him was a teen human boy with whirlwind-shaped hair wearing a school gakuran uniform and an obsidian yin-yang pendant around his neck and his name is Areion Ryuukaze who, unknown to Sonic, has the powers, soul, and memories of his old friend Emerl the Gizoid. Sonic ran into him at Soleanna during one of his skirmishes with Dr. Eggman and worked together along with the others to stop him as well as a powerful entity which resulted in a time alteration hence erasing its very existence and Sonic, Areion, Emerl, and Princess Elise are currently the only ones who remembered that incident.

"So that island ahead of the Soul Island?" Areion asked as he ran on water using pure speed.

"That's right, it's the others and I live, though we usually head over to other lands for adventures among the stuff." Sonic said, also using pure speed to run on water.

Soon enough, they hit the beach and were running through the grassy plains, with azure lakes, flowers, totem poles, and small animals were running freely without a care in the world.

"Whoa, this place is beautiful."Areion looked around in wonder.

"I know right? Green Hill Zone is always my favorite place for a run because of the breathtaking scenery." Sonic said.

"Zone?" Areion asked confusedly.

"I guess you didn't know huh?" At the human's shake of the head, Sonic, despite being well-known for his dislike for talking too long, decided to give him the rundown. "The term 'Zone' is most often used to describe the regions, so there are places that add zone to their names though Tails told me that the term zone is falling out of use nowadays."

"Got it, might need a map of the place later." Areion said.

"I'm sure you'll get one over where we're headed, but you wanna know something cool? South Island can't be found on the map and it isn't set in one location either because it moves across the sea." Sonic said, causing Areion and Emerl to look at the hedgehog in shock.

"How's that possible?" Areion said.

"Well Tails said that it's probably because of the Chaos Emeralds, even Knuckles was in agreement of the theory." Sonic said.

"Speaking of the Chaos Emeralds. Where are they now?" Areion asked.

Sonic looked thoughtful for a moment. "My best guess is that they're probably hidden away in the Special Zones."

"Special Zones?"

"They're mythical dimensions where the Chaos Emeralds are kept hidden and you need to fulfill certain tasks in order to get one them which normally involves collecting a required amount of rings of rings within a time limit, but a failing a task will to getting yourself kicked out.