Episode 28: The Heroes' Return

In a flash of red light, Areion along with Lilac, Carol, and Milla appeared on a clearing in the muddle of a forest. He knew that they had safely teleported back to Earth since he was sensing the familiar energy signature of the Master Emerald nearby.

"Looks like we made it here,I would say welcome to Earth." Areion said with a playful smile as Nicole emerged from the SAC in her normal form to stand next to him while Kou and Yoru fluttered around happily at their return.

"Thanks for the welcome Areion, but do you know exactly where we are?" Carol asked.

"We're currently on Angel Island, there's someone I want to check if he's around before taking you to my home." Areion said.

"Okay Areion, lead the way." Lilac said, Anon nodded in affirmation and began to walk in one direction with the rest following him from behind. It was after a bit of walking that Milla went to be next to Areion to ask a question.

"Um Areion, why do they call this place Angel Island?" Milla asked curiously.

Areion turned towards her with a smile "You'll soon find out when we get there."

The group emerged from the forest and ahead of them in the grassy plains, they saw some sort of altar and at the center of it sits a large green gem which was constantly glowing. Lilac sensed the massive amounts of energy which she couldn't even measure the amount practically radiating from it that was similar to Areion's. Carol noticed something else and called out on it.

"Hey, why are the clouds so close to the ground? I never saw anything like that back at Avalice." Carol said confusedly, Lilac and Milla looked to see that the wildcat was right about her statement. Areion and Nicole chuckled at their friends' reaction and the former proceeded to explain to them.

"Actually, it's not that the clouds are close to the ground but the fact that we're up high in the sky. The reason why they call this place Angel Island is because of it being capable of flying in the air." the trio's eyes widened in shock and mid disbelief of the revelation.

"How's it possible for island to actually fly?" Lilac asked.

"That would be because of the Master Emerald supplying the energy needed for it to fly, should the Master Emerald taken from the island then it will fall to the ground but will rise up to the sky should it be returned." Nicole pointed at the green gem within the Altar of the Emeralds.

"Master Emerald, is it like the Chaos Emerald?" Milla asked.

"Yup but there's a reason why it's called a Master Emerald, because it possesses power which far surpasses that of all seven Chaos Emeralds altogether, infinite amounts of it even. Which is why it must be protected from any who seek to use its power for evil." Areion explained.

"Whoa, sounds like it has was more power than the Kingdom Stone." Carol said.

"So who protects the Master Emerald?" Lilac asked, Areion was about to answer when a voice called out to him.

"Hey Areion!" They looked up to see a red echidna descending towards them in a glide before landing on the ground and approaching them.

"Yo Knuckles, long time no see buddy." Areion smiled as he held out a fist and bumped it against Knuckles' to greet him.

"Yeah it's been a while, and looks to me like you were able to complete the mission too." Knuckles said with a grin, then he noticed the girls standing behind the human "By the way, who are they?"

"These are the friends whom I made while I was at the planet Avalice." Areion gestured to each of them "Allow me to introduce you to Sash Lilac, Carol Tea, and Milla Basset. We teamed up along with another during the mission."